[Football] Is anyone else really proud of our fans tonight…

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
No I know it wasn’t meant to be, don’t worry.

My kids are still absolutely buzzing from last night. It was my youngest’s first ever game!

That is some high bar you have set for them. At some point you have to explain that supporting the Albion for life, it isn't always like that :lolol:

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Stood side by side with German fans and watched the game. Supported the team magnificently and won with huge grace. Makes me really proud to be English after such a huge result. On to Saturday - come on England!

Ps - have we played anyone ‘good’ yet :lol:

England til I die :clap2:

I have no voice, a very bruised leg and the proudest heart.

WHAT A NIGHT

208881358_10165355472400301_7864078046186582356_n.jpg

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Booing the opposition's anthem is about the least racist and non-discriminatory thing there is; after all, EVERY nation gets absolute pelters when their anthem is played ahead of a match vs. England.

This makes it a wholly inclusive and entirely non-discriminatory activity :smile:

The usual suspects who watch 3 football matches every 2 years in a gazebo in their garden wearing brand new England shirts from JD sports are jamming the 5 Live switchboard to express their utter shame.... :rolleyes: (Someone should let them know there's tennis on the other side).

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It was not meant as a club vs country fan comment. Just that I have no control over what emotions I feel. We felt differently, there is no right or wrong.

I still bloody loved it though, I was even a big Jack Grealish fan last night too.

Liked his comment about the fans ..saying they normally are booing him but we’re absolutely brilliant

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
25 years on from the EURO 96 semi vs Germany and Gazza still hasn't found the way out of Wembley...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
First time we beat them in a proper knock out game in ****ing years, in front of a madhouse of limbs after 18 months without decent crowds and yet a few have nothing more to do than get arsey about a bit of pantomime booing of their national anthem. Sake.

theroyal

May 11, 2014
I'm pleased England's goals were scored at the right end, where the England fans were. Jesus, those limbs were ridiculous, especially for Kane's goal

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
First time we beat them in a proper knock out game in ****ing years, in front of a madhouse of limbs after 18 months without decent crowds and yet a few have nothing more to do than get arsey about a bit of pantomime booing of their national anthem. Sake.

Loved seeing the goal celebrations in the crowd …wouldn’t have been half the fun watching on the box without them

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
The band was there wasn't it?

Yes, the band (or at least a slimmed down version of them) were there, a couple of blocks to my left. But they were less intrusive than usual, the atmosphere developed organically. Haven't seen celebrations (or heard a noise) like that at Wembley for a very long time. We were close to the front of the upper tier in the corner where Kane did his Gazza tribute act. Unforgettable night. Just a shame we're not on a plane to Rome right now, which was the original plan.... Oh well, hopefuly we'll get to do it all again next Wednesday.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton

I'm sorry but THIS, THIS and THIS. Close thread!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

There are some precious soles amongst Brighton fans. Its woke you know

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I'm pleased England's goals were scored at the right end, where the England fans were. Jesus, those limbs were ridiculous, especially for Kane's goal

Yes, liked the use of the netted off seats as a sort of trampoline. Having all-seater stadia instead of terraces really makes no sense does it?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
That atmosphere last night was electric from even before kick off which you couldn't have said before any of the other games so far even the Scotland game.

What is turned out on the pitch obviously helps but lets face it, it was pretty dull again last night which the Germans contributed to. However the atmosphere throughout was brilliant and that was because it was full of young men, who'd had a good drink and got the importance of the game. I gave up following England at Wembley a long time ago as it became a day trippers day out, last night it was more like an away game.

As [MENTION=1105]Roadrunner[/MENTION] said, just a shame I'm not spending this morning plotting a way to get to Rome. Lets hope come 10pm Saturday I'm booking Wednesday off work (and then booking Monday off come 10pm Wednesday).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports