Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Is Anthony Joshua going down to the fat man?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
AJ is a fairly limited boxer who’s made the best of himself with professionalism, hard work and clever match ups. Fury is an awesome boxer who’s thrown it all away on booze, drugs, getting fat, hating gays and paving old ladies driveways. You might find the latter interesting but I genuinely don’t get the delight in AJ failing when Fury pissed his title up the wall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Someone has made a lot of money. Stinks to me.
Its AJ that has made a lot of money masquerading as a potential ATG. Fair play to Hearn he stage managed his career incredibly well but his aura has been annihilated forever. Every half decent heavyweight with a bit of lateral movement is going to fancy their chances now.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
AJ is a fairly limited boxer who’s made the best of himself with professionalism, hard work and clever match ups. Fury is an awesome boxer who’s thrown it all away on booze, drugs, getting fat, hating gays and paving old ladies driveways. You might find the latter interesting but I genuinely don’t get the delight in AJ failing when Fury pissed his title up the wall.

But I think it's fair to say Fury has overcome huge demons to come back and I don't actually believe he ever said he hated gays?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
But I think it's fair to say Fury has overcome huge demons to come back and I don't actually believe he ever said he hated gays?

I’m paraphrasing but he had that odd scripture quoting phase. The point is AJ has probably exceeded his natural ability with his belts whereas a focussed Fury could have dominated the division. I know he’s got demons but I find that much more frustrating TBH.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I’m paraphrasing but he had that odd scripture quoting phase. The point is AJ has probably exceeded his natural ability with his belts whereas a focussed Fury could have dominated the division. I know he’s got demons but I find that much more frustrating TBH.

Fury is an excellent boxer, but lacks power in his punches at the top level. Nobody is perfect. Some of his controversial statements have come from his religious beliefs.
But thats maybe for another thread to argue about,

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton

Exactly, and all of a sudden Tyson Fury is everybody's hero despite also taking PED's.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove

Fury still has time to dominate, he’s still a young man. I’ve not always agreed with everything his said but he’s genuine and real. Compare that to the Joshua who has been media trained to the point he has no real personality apart from repeating the same old sound bytes.

Joshua could come back, he has power and a reasonable technique. What he doesn’t have is any lateral movement a physique which gasses and a questionable chin. Far too many question marks to ever think he will go down as an all time great which is what many predicted.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Exactly, and all of a sudden Tyson Fury is everybody's hero despite also taking PED's.

It’s the way he’s come back that has impressed people. He has changed his attitude massively, taken a dangerous fight which most dodged when un fit, and has a personality that people are warming to. Yes he got banned, but let’s not forget your lover boy AJ has a past as well.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Never heard that, and if that was true he would have been banned for a certain amount of time, which I'm sure was not the case.

He was, in the worlds biggest sporting fudge he received a back dated 2 year ban which he had already served with the time out of the ring due to his Mental breakdown. Hughie Fury who also tested positive received the same ban.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
It’s the way he’s come back that has impressed people. He has changed his attitude massively, taken a dangerous fight which most dodged when un fit, and has a personality that people are warming to. Yes he got banned, but let’s not forget your lover boy AJ has a past as well.

AJ has never tested positive for PED's.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Fury is an excellent boxer, but lacks power in his punches at the top level. Nobody is perfect. Some of his controversial statements have come from his religious beliefs.
But thats maybe for another thread to argue about,

Yeah it’s another thread so let’s not go there.

The second that pikeys take over a site in Sussex or a cyclist tests positive for drugs or a footballer blots his copybook with booze NSC lines up to take a pop. Yet Fury is a strong man for coming back and AJ, with all those knockouts, is a media trained fraud. It’s double standards.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Yeah it’s another thread so let’s not go there.

The second that pikeys take over a site in Sussex or a cyclist tests positive for drugs or a footballer blots his copybook with booze NSC lines up to take a pop. Yet Fury is a strong man for coming back and AJ, with all those knockouts, is a media trained fraud. It’s double standards.

I’d say that in general the people who dislike Joshua primarily disliked his relationship with Hearn and how he become the poster boy for Matchroom, a promotional company that put all types of shit on PPV. That’s a big reason for me.

The other reason was you could see clearly he was a big hype job. I’m not saying he’s terrible but he has so many fundamental flaws he was always going to come unstuck.

Winning Olympic gold is a double edged sword. We’ve seen Khan, DeGale & Joshua not universally loved by the British public and a big part of that is that the gold medal seemed to fast track them to world level. Many feel they didn’t pay their dues and move up the hard way by going British & European title level first. Instead they pad their records and fight a weak vulnerable world champion. It’s a great way to earn big money for low risk but many hardcore fans will be turned off by this.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
No didn’t take PED’s just got a conviction for knocking out drugs, but suppose that’s ok.

Yes, why would that be a problem? A lot of boxers come from deprived backgrounds where drugs and violence are part of the territory.

Taking PED's when you are a professional sportsman is a different story, in any other sport Fury would have been labelled as a 'drugs cheat' and his career would have effectively been over.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Yes, why would that be a problem? A lot of boxers come from deprived backgrounds where drugs and violence are part of the territory.

Taking PED's when you are a professional sportsman is a different story, in any other sport Fury would have been labelled as a 'drugs cheat' and his career would have effectively been over.

He has been. He’s a deeply flawed guy but **** me..he’s the best heavy I’ve seen in years. It wasn’t steroids that made him good. He’s a fantastic boxer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here