Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Is Amex normal?

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
That's more or less what they do at Southampton. The result, of course, is that the home supporters are completely and humiliatingly outsung by the away fans.

Not in my experience, especially our game there in The Championship. One of, if not the best atmosphere I’ve ever been in. They had fans signing both sides of us and the sound meeting over our heads. We were loud too of course.

I don’t see many clubs out-singing the North Stand tbh.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We’ve had away fans in the East before, so it can be done. Arsenal had the South and a couple blocks in the East in the cup twice.

This season, I think it’s only us and Sheffield United who have away fans directly behind the goal (lower tier).

Didn't they try to do that once?

Yeah pretty sure I can remember away fans having a section in the ESL at some point so as you say, it can be done. Can't recall if this was a one-off or not though. I think that ESL section might be where the players and staff get their extra tickets for friends and family etc. That being the case its probably just logistically simpler for the club to bung all the away fans in the south behind the goal. But its not ideal from our point of view as it certainly helps their atmosphere.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Upper West and then we can reseat all our oldies who complain about the stairs and lift.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
They should give a couple of blocks of the south stand to away fans, and the rest of it around the corner into the lower East or West - no way should they all be massed behind the South goal, thats prime seating that should be for home fans. I guess the reason this doesn't happen is down to segregation issues at the turnstiles and on the concourses.

Hmm, It's quite a new stadium and there are internal gates which can be closed. I'm sure it's possible from a structural point of view

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I agree. And you could argue it gives the oppo an advantage kicking towards the end of their fans. We should treat away fans like we are
treated away - with almost disdain I would say.

Maybe we've decided we're going to be bigger than them and not sink to that level. That's why we show their colours and (allegedly) bus down their favourite ales etc

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Maybe we've decided we're going to be bigger than them and not sink to that level. That's why we show their colours and (allegedly) bus down their favourite ales etc

I agree. But there's also a saying which is "treat people as you expect to be treated". Clearly nobody else treats
us as they'd like to be treated (and you can't say that we are ever placed in favourable places in away grounds). So b*llox to them.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
One point posters seem to have missed.

The current set up all but guarantees the Albion attacking the North Stand in the second half.

As bad is we are now (I believe we are currently the worst we've ever been in the club's entire history) we really are stupendously poor when the visitors switch ends at kick off.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
If you listen to ex pros they used to hate going to Highbury yet looked forward to the Emirates as the atmosphere is not intimidating, rings a bell doesn’t it.

Being in the PL at the Goldstone would of been great even with a 20,000 capacity bearing in mind an all seater.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
One point posters seem to have missed.

The current set up all but guarantees the Albion attacking the North Stand in the second half.

As bad is we are now (I believe we are currently the worst we've ever been in the club's entire history) we really are stupendously poor when the visitors switch ends at kick off.

Statty - isn't that even more reason to stick the away fans somewhere away from the south and north stands?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
They need to build another tier for them , east upper upper

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Statty - isn't that even more reason to stick the away fans somewhere away from the south and north stands?
If they moved the away fans the opposition would have no incentive to attack the south stand in the second half.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Anyone able to pull up the stats on overall goals scored by the opposition in the North or South goal? ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The OP is spot on, many away sections in the PL are rubbish, in the corners, high up out of the way etc,

Here is a cracking spot for the away support.

sea front.jpg

They can get in the ****ing sea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here