Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Alan Pardew the scummiest football manager?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Think he is a good manager. Steered Newcastle away from relegation, put the foundations for Soton's revival and he's got the cheating jesters in the Cup Final.

That doesn't mean i would ever want him anywhere near our club, the whole ethos of the guy is perfect our Saf Landen friends

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Think he is a good manager. Steered Newcastle away from relegation, put the foundations for Soton's revival and he's got the cheating jesters in the Cup Final.

That doesn't mean i would ever want him anywhere near our club, the whole ethos of the guy is perfect our Saf Landen friends

Newcastle fans HATE Pardew

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
: Why does Alan Pardew keep visiting Argos?

A: Because that's the only way he can pick up any Premier points!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I presume most of these opinions are based on glimpses of the managers in question in television interviews immediately after matches or on the touchline while in tense situations. Few people come across too well in such emotionally charged moments.

Having met most of them professionally I'd have to differ in some cases. Even Steve Evans can have his lucid and thoughtful moments. Neil Warnock can be very witty, although you wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of him. I can see why people don't like Pardew, but away from the pressure of matches he comes across as one of the more normal people in his profession. Mark Hughes has a fine line in self-deprecating wit.

On the other hand I find Pochettino an arrogant fecker, and Benitez can be unbearably evasive when he wants. I can't comment on Paul Jewell as I've never understood a single word he's said. I've never thought that Steve McClaren has a clue. All I can say is that the Dutch league must be very easy to win. I'd be interested to know if my colleague Tooting Gull shares my opinions.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Dont like the bloke but at least he goes after birds. its Adam and Eve not Julie and Eve

Regards

DR

You are Biff from the Back to the Future movie series and I claim my five pounds.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here