Is 1901 club all that?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Now listen UP, I've just got the ESU view on the OP, we'll be using strong arm tactics this Sat, that's from someone ITK, zero tollerence of PJ's, TS's and STI's in the '01 and JCL's will be GENTLY reminded once only that DJ's are preferred and that you must sit down and SHUT up. You will notice that it is the NORM in the 01. FYI, Ernest has been given full reign to EXPEL, he loves ejecting, my little Ern.

Will I be able to wear my new Albion winter coat at the bar or have to drape it over the back of a chair???

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
I was in the East Stand 1901 for the Middlesbrough game last season. I didn't think it was all that fantastic. I was happy I was on a ponced freebie rather than being somebody who had stumped up umpteen hundred quid a season for the experience.

Apart from the value for money on what you get being questionable, the whole atmosphere in the seating area was sterile. More akin to being in a library. On the occasions when I dared to get passionate about an issue, I was getting strange stares. I almost expect somebody to hold a finger to their lips & say "Shhhhhhhh".

Each to their own of course. Some people probably think its fantastic. Not for me though.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If the other thread is right and a price increase is in the offing itakes 1901 even better value does it not?

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
If the other thread is right and a price increase is in the offing itakes 1901 even better value does it not?

How much is a typical 1901 cost over 5 years?
Members have told me their monthly DD varies between £90 and £120 per month, plus their initial payment in 2011 was £1,175.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Members have told me their monthly DD varies between £90 and £120 per month, plus their initial payment in 2011 was £1,175.

membership is £500 (5 years) or £1000 ((lifetime). Both plus VAT.
Monthly DD is about £91 (£76 I think + vat).

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
Now listen UP, I've just got the ESU view on the OP, we'll be using strong arm tactics this Sat, that's from someone ITK, zero tollerence of PJ's, TS's and STI's in the '01 and JCL's will be GENTLY reminded once only that DJ's are preferred and that you must sit down and SHUT up. You will notice that it is the NORM in the 01. FYI, Ernest has been given full reign to EXPEL, he loves ejecting, my little Ern.

I know someone with a STD who goes in the '01. Will you reject or eject ?

fratsomrover

Oct 18, 2011
Hove
£1000 for fifty years membership is fantastic value. Not that I'll be around in 50 years, but then I can at least bequeath it to my family. It's a long long way from being passed down to the front over the heads of the crowd at The Goldstone back in the 50's & 60's. I just want to be at The Amex when we break the old crowd record of 36,747 which we achieved on Boxing day in the match v Fulham. We won 3 v 0 and I remember Jack Bertolini totally nullifying Johnny Haynes, probably the greatest player of his day. For the record, I love the 1901 facilities and find everyone else around me sharing the same passion for the club. It's extremely comfortable and provides wonderful views of the whole pitch. I reckon my £1000 is money well spent.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Top price is £150 a month.

D

Deleted User X18H

I have heard that parts of 1901 are less Albion than they should be, but the upper middle west part I'm in is true Albion fanatics - people I've seen at away games for years and people who have done a lot to help the club through the hard times ( that's why they were given the offer of the best seats first ). I think it's value for money, but then I also think all parts of the ground are too. I have also taken the chance to swap seats and enjoy the experience from the North, UW, LW and am going to try the East when I get a chance.

This is a bit true. Although most around us are proper Albion fans, including Ken and Anne Norman (Former Mayor) You get the occasional score flash 'we're one up' from White Hart Lane. But the element has been embarrassed out of doing that again. If you know what I mean.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Yes, it absolutely does.

But it also raises the issue of how eye-watering will the 1901 prices rises in 3.5 years time be ???

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Just off now----cant wait ??? :drink:

OK, I know there is another thread but I got in first so feck off.
No problems at all with the service & warm surroundings.
The Quiz with Andy Rollings was pretty naff and no one had told him Vicente was playing but still no problem.

However the two twenty something pricks sitting next to me played with their phones for the first half.
They both left on 37 minutes and came back on 55 minutes.
They then left on 80 minutes.
They were in the 1901 lounge after so why fecking bother?

Went to Bupa & Profile Lounges & saw Vicente get his MOM award followed by loads of kids getting his autograph.

Would I do it again?-------yes as long as someone else is paying:drink:

BTW how lucky were we:thumbsup:

And I love those orange lanyards with your ticket in----I felt like 'Billy Big Bollocks':rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports