Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ironic

dylan_bha

Sep 21, 2004
LA
Just saw this image on the BBC sport front page for their story about Pompey going into admin

_47365164_pfc_pa206.jpg

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Another new thread? Where will it all end?

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
Just saw this image on the BBC sport front page for their story about Pompey going into admin

_47365164_pfc_pa206.jpg

i am a bit slow on irony could you explain it?

if it is that, once upon a time albion were put into administration, which let in the infamy of archer... but now we are ok, going in the other direction indeed...

i don't know if that's irony son

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
really, my memory must be going..when did we go into administration?

i was under the impression it was a period of admin that let in archer.
it was before my time so perhaps i am wholly incorrect and misinformed, though i thought i read it in a reliable source. i presume you are an elderly dyed-in-the-wool humourless albion statto, so i defer.

and yes i note the wildlife... but why is that irony?
because we don't like pompey? i'm still not sure it's irony.

i acknowledge it may be twattish to make an issue of it, but its meant lightheartedly and it's how i get my jollies, ok?! :thumbsup:

dylan_bha

Sep 21, 2004
LA
The irony as I saw it was the crest of a club descending into turmoil with a symbol of the next closest league club (in the ascendancy) flying over it - prob completely unintentional by whoever took the shot!

With our £85M stadium asset we must be in the words of Stan Herbert richer than [you] *all other league clubs in the south

Sorry it's a friday :)

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
ah, the ascendancy thing i very much like and now see the irony there

you were operating on too profound a level my friend!

i eat more humble pie on these boards, and not for the first time today
:blush:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The irony as I saw it was the crest of a club descending into turmoil with a symbol of the next closest league club (in the ascendancy) flying over it - prob completely unintentional by whoever took the shot!

With our £85M stadium asset we must be in the words of Stan Herbert richer than [you] *all other league clubs in the south

Sorry it's a friday :)

It's okay, I got it :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here