Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Schoolboy errors by England

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Ref was shockingly one sided

There were indeed some iffy calls, but we were awful at the breakdown and their set piece was better.A fair result and I would love an explanation of why we carried on the same unsuccessful tactic of kicking into their 22 when we had nobody getting anywhere near the catcher. Whereas their kicks were followed up aggressively.

Crackpot

Jun 4, 2011
Upper North Street
How can so many players at international level be so incompetent in their ability to catch a ball when its kicked high in the air? Spilling a catch or missing it completely seems to be the standard performance for the English backs. An inability to cleanly take a high ball means they shouldnt be in the team in the first place.Which is why Ireland kept the tactic going for all the match.

George Ford? Clueless in the main. Watson? Worst tackler on the field,again. Nowell? Clumsy and uncordinated.All good players at club level but out of their depth on the international platform.

And Englands dire kicking...idiocy to give away possession so easily so often.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
There were indeed some iffy calls, but we were awful at the breakdown and their set piece was better.A fair result and I would love an explanation of why we carried on the same unsuccessful tactic of kicking into their 22 when we had nobody getting anywhere near the catcher. Whereas their kicks were followed up aggressively.

Fair point....fascinating game to watch though.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
How can so many players at international level be so incompetent in their ability to catch a ball when its kicked high in the air? Spilling a catch or missing it completely seems to be the standard performance for the English backs. An inability to cleanly take a high ball means they shouldnt be in the team in the first place.Which is why Ireland kept the tactic going for all the match.

George Ford? Clueless in the main. Watson? Worst tackler on the field,again. Nowell? Clumsy and uncordinated.All good players at club level but out of their depth on the international platform.

And Englands dire kicking...idiocy to give away possession so easily so often.

Said the man from the comfort of his armchair :D

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Advantage, advantage over, advantage, advantage over. Four times in a row he called advantage over when we had little or no advantage.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
After the lions Tour of Australia last year and the pleasure that gave me I feel that the Ireland/Wales/England and Scotland team are all my
team - so in that context I find it difficult to whip any sort of rivalry.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Would rugby be a better game if your were only allowed to kick for goal from a penalty following a limited number of infrigements? At the moment, any penalty awarded in your opponents half, and in some cases your own, is almost certainly results in 3 pts. Imagine if in football every free kick allowed a shot at an empty net!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Ireland won that match because Sexton is a top drawer kicker, they are a more disciplined side and because their hooker always hits his target. Swap Sexton and Best for Ford and Hartley and England win that match, such are the fine margins.

That said, if Wales beat Ireland then it's all game on again, and I wouldn't be surprised if that Ireland win took more out of them than it showed.

I don't think England fans should be too harsh - we are still missing the quality of Launchbury, Parling, Care, Farrell, Tuilagi and Brown, and any thought of a Grand Slam without all of them is unrealistic.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
We were much quicker to recycle the ball once Youngs went off.

Imknow Ireland had stepped down a gear, but very pleasing to see our subs make a positive impact. Twelvetrees (36) looked hungry.

My man of the match (for England) was Big Billy.

We were much quicker to recycle the ball once Youngs went off.

Imknow Ireland had stepped down a gear, but very pleasing to see our subs make a positive impact. Twelvetrees (36) looked hungry.

My man of the match (for England) was Big Billy.

Fair enough but some of his decision making and execution wasn't great, not that he was the only one you could level that criticism at. I haven't seen a replay of the "try" near the end it was a forward pass from Twelvetrees I think. He was also responsible for the obstruction that resulted in an earlier try being disallowed, hopefully the "fat boys" will have words.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Fair enough but some of his decision making and execution wasn't great, not that he was the only one you could level that criticism at. I haven't seen a replay of the "try" near the end it was a forward pass from Twelvetrees I think. He was also responsible for the obstruction that resulted in an earlier try being disallowed, hopefully the "fat boys" will have words.

I thought he couldn't do a great deal about the obstruction.

Why was the Goode 'lineout' given against us and there was a decision that really rankled with me. Brain fade - one of our players was getting out of the way and their scrum half jumped over him and it was considered thatbhe had been impeded.

Did Goode call a mark beyond the try line?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ireland won that match because Sexton is a top drawer kicker, they are a more disciplined side and because their hooker always hits his target. Swap Sexton and Best for Ford and Hartley and England win that match, such are the fine margins.

That said, if Wales beat Ireland then it's all game on again, and I wouldn't be surprised if that Ireland win took more out of them than it showed.

I don't think England fans should be too harsh - we are still missing the quality of Launchbury, Parling, Care, Farrell, Tuilagi and Brown, and any thought of a Grand Slam without all of them is unrealistic.

And Armitage...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here