Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Iran

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
It doesn't look good for western relations with Iran. How much longer can they push their luck for?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
someone there is angling for a fight, though i understand the embassy thing is often the responce to internal power struggles as much as anti-west attitude.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Good move at last from the Eton Trifles. About time we stood up to the shamelessly lying, corrupt and illegal Iranian government.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What have they done now?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Regime change can't come soon enough if their current musical output is anything to go by. I think their biggest band is a power metal outfit called Angband (named after some Lord of the Rings guff). They're cliche-tastic. No, actually they're just naff.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I am not convinced that they are a threat to the West, despite the rhetoric and bluster, a lot of it is words for home consumption.

Who says they are developing nuke bombs? The same people who conned us that Iraq had WMD - and some people fall for it again!

Don't we ever learn?

(Somebody once said that it is easy to convince people by lies, if it is something that they want to believe anyway)

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
My colleague is the daughter of the Iranian ambassador to an east European country. Ive told her to f*** off...

she slapped me round the back of the head... :-(

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I am not convinced that they are a threat to the West, despite the rhetoric and bluster, a lot of it is words for home consumption.

Who says they are developing nuke bombs? The same people who conned us that Iraq had WMD - and some people fall for it again!

Don't we ever learn?

(Somebody once said that it is easy to convince people by lies, if it is something that they want to believe anyway)

No need for the West to ever get involved in Iran. Israel will sort them out at the merest hint of a nuclear threat.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

indeed. they have been talking about doing naval manouvers in the Atlantic, implying off the US coast. This can only be for domestic consumption as US wouldnt be worried about a couple of frigates and patrol boats against one of their carrier groups. Lots of huff and puff, and if Israel wasnt so worried about it all, we'd probably ignore them.

Amahwrang

I usually am
Feb 2, 2011
Glasgow

Don't we ever learn?

They may not be a threat to the west but they are a real threat to Israel currently by supporting their oppenents and when possible by direct action themselves according to the the words of Mahmoud Ahmedinejad. Remember Israel have nukes and will not hestitate to use them if they feel threatened and if that happens then the middle east goes bang followed closely by the rest of the planet!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Remember Israel have nukes and will not hestitate to use them if they feel threatened and if that happens then the middle east goes bang followed closely by the rest of the planet!

No it doesn't. If that happens, Iran goes bang and the rest of the Middle East runs away, same as always.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
They may not be a threat to the west but they are a real threat to Israel currently by supporting their oppenents and when possible by direct action themselves according to the the words of Mahmoud Ahmedinejad. Remember Israel have nukes and will not hestitate to use them if they feel threatened and if that happens then the middle east goes bang followed closely by the rest of the planet!
Much as I dont Want Iran to get them, it irritates the f*** out of me when you have the Americans wagging fingers about non proliferation without so much as a word about Israel, I'd blame it on the jewish lobby over there if I hadnt been repeatedly told it's non existent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here