Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Iran v USA,what time is the kick-off ?

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jun/19/us-war-iran-looms-justified-iraq

''We know how the story goes. The decision for war is made long in advance. That becomes the end point, and the evidence must be marshalled to achieve that goal. A long-lasting regime suddenly becomes an imminent threat. Exiles with minimal connections to their country of origin, but with fat bank balances, extensive links with rightwing thinktanks, multinational companies and western security services are wheeled out to solemnly declare that war must be waged on their homeland. A litany of never-ending human rights abuses is endlessly detailed: the sort ignored by our elites if they are committed by our allies, like the Saudi dictatorship, which has plunged Yemen into the world’s worst humanitarian crisis. Critics of war are demonised as stooges or useful idiots of an enemy that imperils national security and menaces its own people, and as haters of their own country.''

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Certain people inside the Trump administration have told the president to cool it or he was risking many American lives. Even they realize that war in general is nothing to be taken lightly. You can say "Fake news" and accuse your opponents of sins that you have already committed in great numbers but Iran actually has an army with the power to kill.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Iran hasn’t attacked another country in the past 200 years. The US has attacked at least 20 in the last 70.

I know which one I think is the more dangerous.

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
What's with all these emergency meetings going on now ?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I don’t fancy the USAs chances on this. Iran are a different proposition to Iraq.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I read the other day that the USA is the western power with an unenviable record of the least wars won ON ITS OWN in the west.

It goes like this:

The war of independence: The British won every major battle fought between us and them until France intervened and tipped the balance. I’m not counting that war anyway as the Americans were mainly British expats sick of paying British taxes. So really it was Brits vs Brits.

The 1812 war: America invaded Canada. Were defeated and then counter-invaded. The British sailed into New York, no one came out to fight. The British crossed the Hudson and the Potomac...still, no enemy soldiers. The British march into Washington DC...the American army had legged it. We just burnt the White House down and went home to beat Napoleon.

The Spanish War. I’ll give them that. Sank some Spanish ships in Cuba. A weak Spain goes home.

WW1. America joins in 1917 after learning that Germany planned to retake Texas for the Mexicans. Flu kills 10 tomes moe Americans than enemy action.

WW2...how many know that America only joined the war against Nazi Germany AFTER Hitler declared war on them. The Japanese had to sink the US Pacific fleet to goad them to action.

Korea: A war fought between the UN and North Korea. The British do far better vs the Chinese and Korean forces than the US. With FAR fewer soldiers.

Vietnam: we all know how that worked out.

Iraq: Coalition of the willing. America kill more British soldiers than the Iraqi army. We all know how that worked out.

Afghanistan: Hardly a successful operation. We all know how that worked out.

As far as “Superpowers” go the British could definitely teach the Americans how to control the world.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...sis-trump-spy-ring-intelligence-a9014961.html

Iran sentences 'CIA spies' to death after claiming to have broken surveillance ring

Iran has captured 17 “spies” they say were working for the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) and some have been sentenced to death, Iranian media has reported.

State television quoted the Iranian Intelligence Ministry as saying it had broken up a “CIA spying ring” and captured 17 suspects.

A ministry official said some of those arrested had been sentenced to death, the country’s semi-official Fars news agency reported.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...sis-trump-spy-ring-intelligence-a9014961.html

Iran sentences 'CIA spies' to death after claiming to have broken surveillance ring

Iran has captured 17 “spies” they say were working for the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) and some have been sentenced to death, Iranian media has reported.

State television quoted the Iranian Intelligence Ministry as saying it had broken up a “CIA spying ring” and captured 17 suspects.

A ministry official said some of those arrested had been sentenced to death, the country’s semi-official Fars news agency reported.

They are experts at ramping up tension by being either very threatening or by suggesting that there has been a " Minor Misunderstanding " that can easily be resolved. I see they have published pictures of the crew of the captured tanker which is a usual part of Iranian "Push-me-Pull-you " diplomacy. I fully expect there may be " Charges" against the captain and officers for breaching territorial waters or driving the wrong way up the straight of Hormuz to come, but, these can be " easily remedied " with a profuse apology and the release of a tanker held somewhere else.

It's all pretty predictable really, this was bound to happen, HMS Montrose luckily managed to stop the first attempt to get a score draw on tankers and we should have introduced a convoy system immediately as it was pretty obvious they would try again.

Another little ramp up of tension was the news that the dangerous woman journalist Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe has been 'chained to her bed' on an Iranian psychiatric ward " For her own Protection " while on hunger strike, one would assume this would be to prevent her making the mistake of eating the hospital food ? But. once again, it's another little bargaining chip that the Iranians have in play.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Of course the US has a spy network in Iran...they just got caught!

All Iranian nationals. I'm sure they would of weighed up the pros and cons before excepting the CIA's cash.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Any news on how the replica Ali J American Express branded merch. is selling out there?

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Anybody in communications in any branch of the military, will remember drill messages that came out (weeks before) any scheduled major exercises. We seem to be following the same path. Ive told my family to say they are all gay to avoid any instant conscription. Good luck if you are of military age.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Just a thought but could we get them to take Ali J in exchange? Maybe initially on a season long loan paying only half his wage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here