Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich Town vs Brighton and Hove Albion ****Official Match Thread****

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
The chap beside me said that we were unlucky at full time. I asked "Ok, who was our MoM then?"; he couldn't name a candidate that he knew wouldn't be laughed at. The shame of it was that we made Ipswich look a decent side. We deserved to lose; 2-0 was a bit harsh on Ipswich, if I'm honest.

Still, Leo's back for Wed on Tues. We'll win then, Shirley?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
At least Palace lost.

So bloody what?

We lost...our club..to a club in our division. Who gives a flying feck about a team in the premiership.

This palace stuff stuff is getting tedious

The questions we need to be asking after the games we have played so far;are we better than last season ? Are we moving forward as a team? And finally will we be happy being mid table this season?

Personally..no we are not better yet, probably not moving forward, yet and finally Yes I will be happy mid table.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
So bloody what?

We lost...our club..to a club in our division. Who gives a flying feck about a team in the premiership.

The questions we need to be asking after the games we have played so far;are we better than last season ? Are we moving forward as a team? And finally will we be happy being mid table this season?

Personally..no we are not better yet, probably not moving forward, yet and finally Yes I will be happy mid table.

They are our big rivals. Of course seeing them lose eases the pain a bit. No need to get so excited GW!!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
So bloody what?

Calm down Granny. :)

We have at least three first pick players out, Ulloa, Bridcutt and Orlandi.

Man for man we are at least as good as last season. I think we will do better than mid table - perhaps playoffs again.

And yes, that would make me pretty happy.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Especially after he never gave us a penalty for the handball in the box :lol:

BHAFC ‏@OfficialBHAFC 46s
Oscar post Ipswich: I'm not sure why the referee did not award a penalty in the second half. It was a clear handball. #BHAFC

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
We lost and as yet nobody has blamed the ref. we must be slipping

Not blaming the ref for our loss, but I'm sure that some will wax lyrical about three possible pens for handball in the last quarter of an hour. IMO, the first two claims, which came in the same attacking move, weren't pens; but the last one was. Their defender put both arms way above his head and deflected a shot back away from goal. Don't think it would have changed the points situation even if it had been given, and we'd scored.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
BHAFC ‏@OfficialBHAFC 24s
Buckley pulled no punches post-match, as he said #BHAFC weren't at the races today. "We want to put right on Tuesday night at the Amex."

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
The ref offered us very little support, but he wasn't the cause of general feebleness when it mattered most. Twas a game in need of Ulloa for us. Without him and a midfield not in control as it should have been, we ran out of steam and class by halftime.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
There are rare occasions when a defeat can be blamed on something other than a poor quality official match thread. This is one such occasion. Rowley IN.

Thank you my fine friend, I love doing them but I don't want to over stay my welcome. Now if you'll excuse me I'm getting very very drunk in Ipswich.
SEAGUUUUULLLLLSSSSS

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
BHAFC ‏@OfficialBHAFC 46s
Oscar post Ipswich: I'm not sure why the referee did not award a penalty in the second half. It was a clear handball. #BHAFC

Calderon handled at 0-0 in the first half, clear penalty. It evened out. I'm getting a bit sick of our desperation for penalties.

BHAFC ‏@OfficialBHAFC 24s
Buckley pulled no punches post-match, as he said #BHAFC weren't at the races today. "We want to put right on Tuesday night at the Amex."

Buckley shouldn't worry about it, he won't be playing anyway. Rubbish today, to be polite. Didn't really try either.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Bruno in midfield was dire, Barnes was double shite, Kushack was bobbins.......that is all.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Really poor performance today. Didn't expect a win after seeing our team line up, Oscar's tactics were hopeless.

And yet, had Crofts taken the easiest chance of the match at 0-0, we'd have won. Funny old game.

On to the next one. :thumbsup:

Weird line up .. Bruno in MF, Conway ahead of KLL and no room for Ince. Hopefully a one off and shame for all those that made the trip.

We'll hammer Wed and all will be fine again!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I agree. Today's result somewhat offset by Palace losing and Man U (and beginning to dislike City too) LOSING!! Shame Swansea losing to Arsenal or would have been a great day for Premiershite. Come on Liverpool tomorrow!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I agree. Today's result somewhat offset by Palace losing and Man U (and beginning to dislike City too) LOSING!! Shame Swansea losing to Arsenal or would have been a great day for Premiershite. Come on Liverpool tomorrow!

A fluke win for Sunderland tomorrow would be the best outcome.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Bad day at the office. Hopefully we will have learned something from it. Move on by thrashing the Owls on Tuesday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here