Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich Stewards/Fans getting thrown out (Merged threads)

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

"he's still doing it, he's still doing it" :facepalm:

Please tell me it wasn't you shouting that? I honestly wouldn't be able to look at myself in the mirror if I was crying to the stewards about a bloke blowing kisses. This is as bad as Liz Costa screaming when she saw Diouf touch his knob at Leeds IMHO, but at least she's an old biddy and it wasn't caught on camera, what excuse does this bloke have!?!? :lolol:

LukeOwen

Jun 7, 2011
Hampshire
"he's still doing it, he's still doing it" :facepalm:

Please tell me it wasn't you shouting that? I honestly wouldn't be able to look at myself in the mirror if I was crying to the stewards about a bloke blowing kisses. This is as bad as Liz Costa screaming when she saw Diouf touch his knob at Leeds IMHO, but at least she's an old biddy and it wasn't caught on camera, what excuse does this bloke have!?!? :lolol:

That isn't my video, so it is not me :)

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Christ, we do have some brain-dead fans supporting us - though an element of them never usually show up at games North of the Midlands.

The poster of the Youtube video calls the stewards "heavy-handed", but how else are they meant to act when you get a group of pissed up idiots trying to cause trouble. Easiest thing to do is get them out the situation.

Thats one way of looking at it. But stewards are there to do a job. And they failed to do that job correctly. Had they done there job correctly, then the situation would have been defused. So, whilst I would personally split condemnation across three groups, if was too be weighted, I feel it should be weight it more towards the stewards than the Brighton fans. I wasn't much more than just banter, until the stewards went over the top physically with a Brighton fan for mooning. It was after that it started to get a little bit nasty. As before you say it, he was silly for mooning, but it was only in reaction to the constant homophobic abuse coming from a few Ipswich fans, which as I've said over and over again, the Stewards refused to act on, just speaking to them numerous times.

He's been identified by Sussex Police and now banned from the Amex, he won't get in if he turns up tonight.
Suffolk Police will be dealing with the Brighton fan who assaulted an Ipswich steward in the stairwell, he too has been identified by Sussex Police.
Sussex Police are in the process of identifying the oiks in the Argus photo and surrounding area from the ITFC CCTV footage; when they have done this then it will be referred to the BHA Security Officer to determine if and how long each will be banned from the Amex, buying away tkts etc.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Can someone explain what actually happened that has led to 4 pages of this nonsense?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Can someone explain what actually happened that has led to 4 pages of this nonsense?

Some of our idiotic fans showed up and tried to be Danny Dyer types (Football Factory....not Eastenders). Tried to get it blamed on the Ipswich fans when they werent really doing anything wrong. Also calling the stewards heavy-handed, but how else are you meant to act when you get assaulted ?

Basically, nothing serious.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
He's been identified by Sussex Police and now banned from the Amex, he won't get in if he turns up tonight.
Suffolk Police will be dealing with the Brighton fan who assaulted an Ipswich steward in the stairwell, he too has been identified by Sussex Police.
Sussex Police are in the process of identifying the oiks in the Argus photo and surrounding area from the ITFC CCTV footage; when they have done this then it will be referred to the BHA Security Officer to determine if and how long each will be banned from the Amex, buying away tkts etc.

Banned for what? The video is on youtube for all to see, nothing actually happened :shrug:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
much-ado-about-nothing.jpg

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Some of our idiotic fans showed up and tried to be Danny Dyer types (Football Factory....not Eastenders). Tried to get it blamed on the Ipswich fans when they werent really doing anything wrong. Also calling the stewards heavy-handed, but how else are you meant to act when you get assaulted ?

Basically, nothing serious.

I think you have missed out a big chunk of what happened there. Ipswich fans weren't doing anything wrong? If only the stewards had reacted stronger towards the Ipswich fans things would not have escalated and we wouldn't have this binfest going on!

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Thats ****ing embarrassing and confirms my belief that 70% of football fans are brainless *****.

Banned for what? The video is on youtube for all to see, nothing actually happened :shrug:

1) Thought my post was clear tbh.
2) The you tube video covers how long a time period and is taken at what point during the game? Some of us had to put up with this **** from the Brighton 'fans' throughout the entire 90+ minutes of play and during half-time.

Jan 30, 2008
When living in Suffolk in the 70s/80s on the few times Brighton were at Portman Road there always seemed to be problems. Remember a Police Inspector telling me that Brighton Fans were not highly regarded as there was always a group who came looking for trouble. Seems nothing has changed.

where have you been all these years :facepalm:
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here