Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich fan needs a favour.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
I think you'll be playoff contenders under big Mick. Last time I went to your place was for our own relegation party dressed as Johny Byrne (ex Brighton/Sunderland striker). Loved John Wark, love the horse badge, loved the Didier Drogba rumour. Bobby Robson was a decent chap and the land of the Angles is a beautiful place to live.

This - although you lost a lot of goodwill with your stupid stupid banner.

Ipswich

Jul 13, 2014
The banner thing was a ridiculous idea and can understand why you feel annoyed about it. The AMEX is PL quality imo.

EastUpperSeagull

Jul 3, 2013
Hi, young ITFC fan here. I am writing a piece on our forum about how the other clubs in the league see us and what they think our chances are of promotion or relegation in the coming season. I understand that there will be a few more comings and goings and that you lot may not be aware of all our deals so far but I would really like it if you could write a decent sized paragraph about our chances and transfers etc. I shall return the favour, if any of you are interested in the same sort of thing!

I think Brighton have had a very successful first few seasons back in the Championship and managed to recover well from the shambolic situation which resulted in the sacking of Gus Poyet. Although I do not know the details of his resignation, it seemed that Garcia was being slightly unrealistic with funding, well compared with our budget anyway! I thought you were one of the best teams in the division last season, echoing your position ( even if we did beat you twice!:p) and I enjoyed watching your fans going mental at Forest on the last day. There hasn't been too much activity in terms of transfers but the squad should be able to compete with just a few more additions. The signing of Nzuzi Toko looks an intriguing one and should add to the midfield, especially with Forster-Caskey's new deal. Mackail-Smith is a good forward too, as is Ulloa, despite his comical penalty against Middlesbrough!
At the moment, I think you will be in midtable, but you seem to have decent finances and with a few more additions you could certainly be in a similar position to last season. I wish you good luck for the forthcoming season (except in two fixtures) and all replies will be much appreciated.

You seem ok so I won't be too harsh. But I think Ipswich have the most disgusting fans I've witnessed. The away game last year the fans were vile. Therefore the only interest I have in your fate is for it to be as heartbreakingly brutal as possible.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I think you keep the away fans at Portman Road in the worst part of the ground; difficult to create much atmosphere. We should try it.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Parachute payments coupled with FFP has basically made it a two tiered division, Ipswich like us are one of the have nots. We'll be the teams battling for 6th to 15th place, and depending on recruitment, injuries and a bit of luck, that is where we'll find ourselves.

Pretty bleak, but that is what the rules have done to division 2!

Ipswich

Jul 13, 2014
You seem ok so I won't be too harsh. But I think Ipswich have the most disgusting fans I've witnessed. The away game last year the fans were vile. Therefore the only interest I have in your fate is for it to be as heartbreakingly brutal as possible.

I only get to one game a season as I live in Cornwall but that is a shame to hear and can only apologise for this, I wasn't there though!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Ipswich - make crap banners

This season I hope they don't not potentially maybe never always finish in the relegation spots or not

I have read this post a few times and it still makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Well you certainly know your football as you know we be signed toko & that Ulloa skied a pen v boro! I can barely recall either ips game tbh - didn't know you had beaten us twice! I think you ll be mid table same as us mate.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
McCarthy is a good manager and probably ensured you punched above your weight last year, whether he can do it twice remains to be seen.

Used to quite like Ipswich prior to the banner, but unfortunately those muppet supporters let your club down.

I also think mid-table for yourselves along with us, but hope you beat Norwich.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
You can thank the idiots who stuck up that cretinous banner when you came to us in our first season at the Amex. I now hope Ipswich get relegated.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
As you said you're a young tractor boy, I'll give you an answer based on your age.
Your manager is probably one of the best in this division and if anyone can make a silk purse, it's him. The signings you've made seem a little last chance saloon so Mccarthys man management skills will really be tested. Top ten is going to be about right for you again as I don't think you have the strength in depth over 46 games. The seasons highlight could be a cook off with Delias mob on telly and pray you're not blighted by injuries.
As for beating us twice, well Derby beat us four times and we took six points off Leicester and four from Burnley....we're still in the same division

......and 4 from QPR....

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Hi, young ITFC fan here. I am writing a piece on our forum about how the other clubs in the league see us and what they think our chances are of promotion or relegation in the coming season. I understand that there will be a few more comings and goings and that you lot may not be aware of all our deals so far but I would really like it if you could write a decent sized paragraph about our chances and transfers etc. I shall return the favour, if any of you are interested in the same sort of thing!

I think Brighton have had a very successful first few seasons back in the Championship and managed to recover well from the shambolic situation which resulted in the sacking of Gus Poyet. Although I do not know the details of his resignation, it seemed that Garcia was being slightly unrealistic with funding, well compared with our budget anyway! I thought you were one of the best teams in the division last season, echoing your position ( even if we did beat you twice!:p) and I enjoyed watching your fans going mental at Forest on the last day. There hasn't been too much activity in terms of transfers but the squad should be able to compete with just a few more additions. The signing of Nzuzi Toko looks an intriguing one and should add to the midfield, especially with Forster-Caskey's new deal. Mackail-Smith is a good forward too, as is Ulloa, despite his comical penalty against Middlesbrough!
At the moment, I think you will be in midtable, but you seem to have decent finances and with a few more additions you could certainly be in a similar position to last season. I wish you good luck for the forthcoming season (except in two fixtures) and all replies will be much appreciated.

If you come in peace and seek respect you might at least bring a pressie and suggest that we will probably do really well this season. After the nightmare of last season when half the team were out injured for most of it, our previous player of the year on greedy strike to force a transfer. All that and a manager who in retrospect clearly was yearning for the comfort zone of his old job. That we made the Playoffs (....you didn't :p) was a miracle. That you think we will be mid-table bodes very badly for Ipswich in my view. Because if we aren't some way above you I'll be mighty surprised. That beside I wish you well but not as well as I do BHA of course. :)

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Ipswich have never been that offensive as a club and Mick McCarthy seems a good bloke that knows what he is doing, so if the banner hadn't have happened I'd probably say something positive.

But the banner did happen so I hope you lose every game next season and your ground gets infested with ravenous honey badgers.

JimmyJayUK

Feb 20, 2014

Didn't read :)

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Ipswich have a chance of 6th spot, Terry Connor is one of my all time favorite players, Ipswich is a pony town, I would move to Cornwall if I lived there, to be as far away as possible and still be a southerner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here