Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

iPod Touch

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Turning to the font of all knowledge that is NSC I need some advice. My current iPod Classic is dying. Lots of error screens, etc, etc. I am looking to replace it around Xmas time by using the fabrication that is Santa and the subsequent retail shit storm that is now associated with this time of year.

I assume that there are some out there with iPod Touch(es), so -

good, bad, indifferent?

Anyone else that does not have an iAnything but something else that plays music, podcasts, video, etc and thinks that it is better (with valid reasons, not just that Apple is the electronic representation of the Devil).

TVM

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
I wasn't 100% sold when I bought one but completely won over.
An amazing piece of kit and the app store is brilliant. Almost worth it just for Angry Birds & Peggle.

DanSeagull

Jun 10, 2009
I've only got the 1st Gen version of the touch and could not fault it. You will never get bored again....:laugh:

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
I have one but its only 8GB so if you wanna carry round all your music the cheap one isnt really an option. But apart from that its class.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I got my Ipod Touch about 18 months ago, and is certainly the best £180 I've ever spent. Just be sure to get one with a lot of memory, so you can get lots of movies, TV Shows on it for long away trips.

Last edited:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I bought one when i was in the US last week.. A 32gb beauty. It was my first visit to apple store, and i had a play with an apple tv. Anyway, back on topic, my touch is brilliant, and there are some cracking apps out there, even the free ones.

Sep 1, 2010
I bought one when i was in the US last week.. A 32gb beauty. It was my first visit to apple store, and i had a play with an apple tv. Anyway, back on topic, my touch is brilliant, and there are some cracking apps out there, even the free ones.

How much does a 32gb one cost in urguidfvysxnca,sdh sorry cannot say it, the country you mentioned

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
How much does a 32gb one cost in urguidfvysxnca,sdh sorry cannot say it, the country you mentioned

Seems to be $290 (£182) on Amazon US, or £224 from Amazon UK.

However not sure how much postage etc costs.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Seems to be $290 (£182) on Amazon US, or £224 from Amazon UK.

However not sure how much postage etc costs.

I would guess that £224 won't get you the current gen (with retina display, cameras etc) but the previous version.

The Touch really is ruddy marvellous. Fane for music (and podcasts and audiobooks etc) but does so, so much more too. You're very unlikely to be disappointed.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I would guess that £224 won't get you the current gen (with retina display, cameras etc) but the previous version.

The Touch really is ruddy marvellous. Fane for music (and podcasts and audiobooks etc) but does so, so much more too. You're very unlikely to be disappointed.

Ah that might be 4th Gen. I keep losing track of them!

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath

Seems to suggest it's the new one (Retina display, facetime etc.)
£224 on Amazon down from £249 as part of their 10% deal.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
It's the new screen technology that's ridiculously sharp. I have it on my iPhone 4 and my Housemate's iPhone 3GS pales in comparison.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
Hard to find direct comparisons on google image search but...

iphone-4-review-06_display-keyb.jpg

iphone-4-review-07_display-web.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here