Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

iPod nano 1st gen recall

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Yep, my new 6th gen ipod nano has arrived, really tempted to sell it...

not bad.. my old nano had a broken screen and a severely dented back. but it still worked!

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Thanks, I'll dig it out tomorrow :)

Shame in a way though, my old one was engraved with British sea power lyrics. Thinking about it though, it did get quite hot sometimes.

I've got my old school compass, so put the return address as mine and I'll scratch the lyrics to 'Something Wicked' in the back. :)

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Apologies if it's already been posted,I did search first.
Apple have recalled nano 1st generation ipods(plastic fronts white or black,metal backs) due to possible overheating batteries.
Replacements seem to be 6th gen nanos.
Dig the old ones out,details on there site..

Thanks for the info. Fingers crossed for a bigger / later model. Mrs LE2 has just applied! :thumbsup:

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
I recieved the new 6th gen 8gb ipod in the post last week and sold it on ebay for £70. Not a bad piece of investment seeing as myold 1st gen was sitting around in a draw.

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
Just checked and I'm eligible too. Box on it's way. Thanks for the info.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Apple have recalled nano 1st generation ipods(plastic fronts white or black,metal backs) due to possible overheating batteries.

Great Spot gg :thumbsup:

gasgull

Nov 14, 2003
Newick
Plastic front,think they were only black or white,metal back.
If unsure enter the serial number on the apple recall page,if it's the correct one you will get an email Confirming it.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Thanks for the post [MENTION=1453]gasgull[/MENTION] sent my daughters old one off end of January and didn't really expect anything back as its screen was knackered and it has not been used for about three years.

Got an email today saying the new replacement is on its way.

Great stuff

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Big cheers to OP. Shiny new replacement iPod Nano just arrived. Its exactly the same as the old one except its a third of the size, silver instead of black, and 8GB instead of 2GB. Nice!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Yup, mine arrived last week too, little square jobby with touchscreen and 8GB storage, not bad as an exchange for a 1GB original, which still worked perfectly.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Got mine this week too. Many thanks to the OP. Thats a hundred quids worth of Ipod effectively for free, as my old 1st gen one had packed up years ago and was festering at the bottom of a drawer.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Big cheers to OP. Shiny new replacement iPod Nano just arrived. Its exactly the same as the old one except its a third of the size, silver instead of black, and 8GB instead of 2GB. Nice!

and it's the 6th generation isn't it?

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Does anyone know if they are still offering this, and for how long? I'm seriously considering doing this:

Sounds like there's a few bob to be made by if you can be arsed to buy up some cheapo/broken 1st generation nanos on ebay then getting with the replacement program...

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Yes - mine arrived last week. 8GB 6th generation. Very pleased.

Ditto.

Taking a while to turn these around, though, so many people have responded!

gasgull

Nov 14, 2003
Newick
Glad everyone's receiving there's.mine only turned up this week.
Seagull27 ,I'm sure that as this is safety recall it wont end,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here