Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipod mini help required (o/t)

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
Santa kindly gave me an Ipod mini for xmas which seemed great at the time but which I still can't get to work!

I downloaded about 4 CDs onto Itunes and then connected the Ipod to the PC. When I did so, the PC said that the USB mass storage device I had attached to the pc was a hi-speed USB device which will function at a reduced speed and that I must attach a hi speed host controller to the computer to obtain maximum performance. The Ipod itself says "do not disconnect" and has a no-entry sign on it. However, the songs are not uploading onto it.

The book says I have to USB 2.0 card. Any ideas where I'd get one of these and of the cost? Any advice gratefully received.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
It's worth asking whether you're plugging it into a USB on the front or top of your computer rather than one on the back?

Sometimes front mounted USB ports aren't as good as the ones at the back so give that a go if it's the case.

As for the do not disconnect logo, chances are that it is set to manual transfer. This can be changed in the options, although I find manual transfer is often a lot easier.

In iTunes once your mini is connected you should see its name appear on the right hand side. You click and drag your songs from iTunes onto this label and your songs should be transferred.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Worth checking that your motherboard supports USB2.0 before spending money on the card. I know my board does but I had to install SP1 first then reflash the BIOS.

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
Bluejuice said:

In iTunes once your mini is connected you should see its name appear on the right hand side. You click and drag your songs from iTunes onto this label and your songs should be transferred.

Cracked it! Nowhere in the iPod handbook does it say you have to cut and paste them to the iPod but that's what I've done. Anyway it's working now. The literature says you plug it in and it transfers automatically. Well it didn't and it's got nothing to do with the USB port.:shootself . Thanks for your help anyway guys.:clap: :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here