Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Iphone

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
I'm looking at shelling out on one, I've already got a contract with Voda and looking to get a new phone. This seems the choice of phones. I have found one to buy on eBay for 350GBP unlocked. Is it a good phone ?

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
Slightly off-topic, would anybody have any feed back regarding “sim only” mobile tariffs?

Both Vodafone and O2 do a non-contract, 30 days notice, 600 mins any network, unlimited txt, sim only deal for £20.

I do not want to tie in for longer than a 12 month contract period, and the deal above appears far better than the pay-monthly 12-18-24 month contract periods.

Thanks,

Exmouth Seagull

Sep 11, 2003
I'm looking at shelling out on one, I've already got a contract with Voda and looking to get a new phone. This seems the choice of phones. I have found one to buy on eBay for 350GBP unlocked. Is it a good phone ?

Its a brilliant phone, but bear in mind that on Vodaphone (or any network other than O2) you will only be able to use wifi networks (your own, free ones, or those with no security) for internet access, if you use internet through the Vodaphone network it will cost you an arm and a leg.

I got my first iPhone in Hong Kong earlier this year, it was unlocked and I used it with my Orange pay monthly sim for 5 months with no problem. Trouble was I had to rely on finding insecure or free wifi networks while out-and-about for internet access. There are loads of insecure wifi networks out there, maybe about 1 in 10, in a built up area you can usually find one quite quickly, people dont bother setting up the most basic security and are just asking for passers-by to piggy-back their line.

When my Orange contract ended I flogged my first iPhone on eBay, for a profit, and decided to go official and get one on O2. Its even better now cos I can get 3G internet access anywhere, its not as fast as wifi, but not far off. Costs £45 per month but I can put it through my business, so it works out a lot less than that out of my pocket.

In summary, the iPhone is amazing, but its not really worth getting one on any network other than O2 at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here