Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

iPhone DND Help

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I didn't want to start a new thread, maybe an iPhone expert here can help:
I've just got an iPhone 5S, locked on Vodaphone. I'm not with Vodaphone.

How can I unlock it?

Note - I've looked online, it's a pain.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
I didn't want to start a new thread, maybe an iPhone expert here can help:
I've just got an iPhone 5S, locked on Vodaphone. I'm not with Vodaphone.

How can I unlock it?

Note - I've looked online, it's a pain.

Unless Vodafone will unlock it then you need to buy an unlock code, about £20.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Was there an actual missed call showing in your call register? If not maybe your phone was out of signal range at the time the person tried to call.

Good shout, but no, sat by my bed on a 5 bar signal all night, checked it at 5.30 a.m. no calls, checked again at 6.15 no calls, later in day with phone sat by me I looked down and it said missed call at 7 a.m. and know I was sat with it then. Thanks for thinking od that though but alas not the answer to my predicament.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Indeed, t'was first course of action. Also tried wishing it better, standing on one leg and not looking at it for 15 minutes in the hope that a miracle occured, but no luck!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Unless Vodafone will unlock it then you need to buy an unlock code, about £20.
Thanks. When switching it on, there's nowhere to enter a code, it just says to insert a SIM. So I put a SIM in and it says it's not compatible, still nowhere to enter a code.

On Vodaphone's website it says it's best if the previous owner unlocks it, as they can put it on with their SIM, they'll get sent a code. Otherwise it says to get a free Vodaphone PAYG SIM and use it for 30 days, then they'll give you a code (or something like that) - that's a royal pain in the bum.

I thought I'd heard recently the networks would do it for free now.
Thanks.
Read here (as I can't be bothered to do so):
Charming. A new option for NSC's tagline perhaps?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
tried wishing it better, standing on one leg and not looking at it for 15 minutes in the hope that a miracle occured, but no luck!
It's supposed to be 20 minutes.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
It's supposed to be 20 minutes.

Damn, I knew I was wrong, but you do have to be wearing a mankini whilst whistling the theme tune to Question Time, yes?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Damn, I knew I was wrong, but you do have to be wearing a mankini whilst whistling the theme tune to Question Time, yes?
I think there's a choice of outfits and tunes, they're both fine.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I think there's a choice of outfits and tunes, they're both fine.

Thanks for that, I did feel a bit daft but to be fair most of the people in Churchill Square have been fine with it!

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Good shout, but no, sat by my bed on a 5 bar signal all night, checked it at 5.30 a.m. no calls, checked again at 6.15 no calls, later in day with phone sat by me I looked down and it said missed call at 7 a.m. and know I was sat with it then. Thanks for thinking od that though but alas not the answer to my predicament.

My dad had something very similar a few months back where every call to him went straight to voicemail, he'd just get loads of txt messages saying missed call etc. He took it to Apple Store who said it was faulty and gave him replacement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here