iPhone alarm clock docks

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
Evening,

After many failed attempts to find a decent alarm clock with an iPhone dock so I can charge it at night, I am now in the market for a new one. I've had a cheaper one from tesco, which had an illuminous blue light that I could sleep with on alas no charge, and most recently, Ive got a philips one which as soon as I had bought it from eBay found it doesnt charge my iPhone. Plus, it doesn't turn on the alarm in the morning, and if and when it does the radio comes on and increases to ear blistering sounds...at 6.30 in the morning, this is not f***ing cool !!!

Now, I'm starting a new job, need to be up and out of the house by 7.30am, so its essential that I get woken up, plus I need something to charge an iPhone 3GS. Anyone got any good experiences ? Please help !!

Price isn't really an issue !!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Evening,

After many failed attempts to find a decent alarm clock with an iPhone dock so I can charge it at night, I am now in the market for a new one. I've had a cheaper one from tesco, which had an illuminous blue light that I could sleep with on alas no charge, and most recently, Ive got a philips one which as soon as I had bought it from eBay found it doesnt charge my iPhone. Plus, it doesn't turn on the alarm in the morning, and if and when it does the radio comes on and increases to ear blistering sounds...at 6.30 in the morning, this is not f***ing cool !!!

Now, I'm starting a new job, need to be up and out of the house by 7.30am, so its essential that I get woken up, plus I need something to charge an iPhone 3GS. Anyone got any good experiences ? Please help !!

Price isn't really an issue !!

I have this: Buy PROLINE DAB450IP | Dab clock radio with ipod dock - Radio | Comet

It must have been on sale, because it was cheaper when I got it. The unit itself only comes on to either and alarm or the radio (at whatever volume it was when it was last turned off).

It has, touch wood, always been reliable for me. If the alarm is set to radio and it turns on and can't tune properly, it automatically switches to alarm (my last one didn't do that so it's a feature I noticed).

The display light is bright when first turned off, but dims after a minute or two. It doesn't seem to stop me sleeping. It is remote control

However, when the radio comes on as alarm the only button that works is the off button. You have to turn it off if you want to change the station (though it comes on whatever it was on when it was turned off) or if you realise you left it a little loud last night. Turn it off, then backon and change station/volume etc.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I asked for a new alarm clock radio for crimbo and got Roberts idream with ipod docking.

I have not used the dock but love the DAB radio and sleep and alarms.

The remote is a bit naff but works

dingobruce

Oct 21, 2009
SE4 9UL
I'd go for this, relaxing wake up with simulated sunrise and eventually your chosen tunes kicking in... Phillips Wake Up Light with iPod Dock

philips-hf3490-wake-up-light.jpg

OK, techno geeks, here is a new one for all of you snooze hounds out there, courtesy of Philips®. The Philips Wake up light with iPod dock combines your iPod with a timed alarm clock that gradually gets brighter over a 30 minute period, and then triggers your iPod to kick in with your favorite tune or news broadcast. This unit features an FM radio, or nature sounds that let you arise gradually from your somnambulence. It doubles as a bedside light as well, combining your clock radio and light into one new entity.

I've only got the lamp and I must say that waking up with it is a hell of alot easier than a normal alarm which suddenly jerks you out of sleep.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Can't you just set the alarm on the iPod & plug it into the mains charger overnight?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
And me.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Me too. I am woken up each day by the theme to Good Morning Britain. TV-am!

Last edited:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
If you want an iPhone accessory, how about a ghetto blaster that you can take to parties?

Tight shorts

Dec 29, 2004
Sussex
We wanted one that had ipod docking and DAB radio and really hard to find until we came across this one. Bought PURE CHRONOS iDOCK MP3/DAB/FM ALARM SYSTEM WITH iPOD DOCK (BLACK) the last one in stock at Comet or Currys,.can't remember which. Not cheap, about £80. Has an alarm for weekdays only so you don't get rudely awoken on a Saturday if you forget to turn it off. Very pleased with it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports