Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

iPhone 6 screen repair?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
So in effect, if your iPhone 6 becomes damaged, you have no choice but to pay their £236 to have it fixed - and you'd better know about it before you download an update, or Apple brick it and you lose everything. If you're not somewhere at that time that has an iPhone store or repair centre - tough. If you can't afford to have it fixed by an approved vendor - tough. Hand over your £236 to Apple, or lose everything.

I dunno why Apple don't just make it literally self destruct, Mission Impossible style with a small explosion and just have done with it.
What on earth is going on with Apple?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/artic...ur-iphone-to-1-january-1970-or-youll-break-it

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
:lolol:

Good god. If Apple doesn't deliberately spack up your device, then this will.

And people are still buying these things ! what a load of sheep. They say a fool and his money are soon parted, never a truer word said....

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's marvellous if you are running non Apple phones, I have never cracked a screen with the range of phones I have used over the years. It's staggering the amount of people that pay over the odds to buy iPhone's despite the famous screen design flaw. I suppose that's the price for being " cool "...

And people are still buying these things ! what a load of sheep. They say a fool and his money are soon parted, never a truer word said....

I've had 3 iPhones in 6 years or so. All of which still work fine. My Dad is still using my old 3GS, my wife now has my old 4S (the only reason I upgraded is she wanted one), and I'm now on a 5. None have had a cracked or broken screen.

Sounds like you've never cracked a screen on the whole 'range' of phones you've had over the years - how many is that, and why have you needed so many?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I've had 3 iPhones in 6 years or so. All of which still work fine. My Dad is still using my old 3GS, my wife now has my old 4S (the only reason I upgraded is she wanted one), and I'm now on a 5. None have had a cracked or broken screen.

Sounds like you've never cracked a screen on the whole 'range' of phones you've had over the years - how many is that, and why have you needed so many?
The phones I have had have all slowly been upgraded as contracts have run out plus you have to keep up with new tech. I started with a tatty Nokia then went Sonys, then a couple of HTC'S now on a Sony Experia Z3 compact. Only real prob I had was with the first Sony which was a flip cover design and the wiring went in the hinge bit.. I genuinely have seen cracked screens on only one other phone than an iPhone and that was a LG model.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Sheep?

Apple are a niche player in the smartphone market with c17%. Android has most of the rest with Samsung alone being at around 22%.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The phones I have had have all slowly been upgraded as contracts have run out plus you have to keep up with new tech. I started with a tatty Nokia then went Sonys, then a couple of HTC'S now on a Sony Experia Z3 compact. Only real prob I had was with the first Sony which was a flip cover design and the wiring went in the hinge bit.. I genuinely have seen cracked screens on only one other phone than an iPhone and that was a LG model.

There are more iPhones sold than any other, stands to reason you'd see more cracked screens. Keeping up with new tech...if you got yourself a phone with decent enough spec. should last years shouldn't it and you wouldn't need expensive contracts, just a £7 sim only...And people are still buying phones on expensive contracts to upgrade their tech ! what a load of sheep. They say a fool and his money are soon parted, never a truer word said....

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
There are more iPhones sold than any other, stands to reason you'd see more cracked screens. Keeping up with new tech...if you got yourself a phone with decent enough spec. should last years shouldn't it and you wouldn't need expensive contracts, just a £7 sim only...And people are still buying phones on expensive contracts to upgrade their tech ! what a load of sheep. They say a fool and his money are soon parted, never a truer word said....
So why all this advertising pushing new versions of IPhones insisting that the new model is a must have? Surely if an IPhone is top banana you only need one a decade? Ohhh but that does not help sales does it?
So there must be built in redundancy and now the added risk of it dying like a Furby! baaa!

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So why all this advertising pushing new versions of IPhones insisting that the new model is a must have? Surely if an IPhone is top banana you only need one a decade? Ohhh but that does not help sales does it?
So there must be built in redundancy and now the added risk of it dying like a Furby! baaa!

Other technology companies don't push the need to have their latest product :lolol: - you said yourself you keep upgrading for the new tech, do you not realise how hypocritical you're being?

I'm quite happy with my 3 year old iPhone 5. The wife is quite happy with my previous 4 year old iPhone 4S, both on sim only £7 pcm NO contracts. Baaaaaa.....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

But not before untold thousands of their customers have had their phones completely BANJO'D by the business they so heavily invest in for their products.

I know Apple routinely stitch their customers up by imposing pointless changes to charger connections, glitchy updates, dreadful maps, the forthcoming change to the standard headphones connector etc etc. But Error 53 - that was a real jawdropper, even by their standards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here