Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

iPhone 4 v HTC desire

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
I want a keyboard, so will be very interested in the Desire Z versus the Nokia E7 over the next few months

desirez.png

:)

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
HTC have today announced the Desire HD (codenamed the HTC Ace), an Android equipped phone with top end specifications built around a stunning 4.3" SLCD screen.

Specifications include...

* 1 GHz processor
* Android 2.2 (Froyo) with HTC Sense
* Internal phone storage: 1.5 GB
* RAM: 768 MB
* 123 x 68 x 11.8 mm (4.84 x 2.68 x 0.46 inches)
* 164 grams (5.78 ounces) with battery
* 4.3-inch SLCD touch screen with 480 x 800 resolution
* HSPA/WCDMA: • Europe/Asia: 900/2100 MHz • Upload speed of up to 5.76 Mbps and download speed of up to 14.4 Mbps
* Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
* Internal GPS antenna
* G-Sensor
* Digital compass
* Proximity sensor
* Ambient light sensor
* Bluetooth® 2.1 with FTP/OPP for file transfer, A2DP for wireless stereo headsets, and PBAP for phonebook access from the car kit
* IEEE 802.11b/g/n WiFi
* 3.5 mm stereo audio jack
* Standard micro-USB (5-pin micro-USB 2.0)
* 8.0 megapixel color camera with auto focus and 2x LED flashlight
* 720p HD video recording
* Audio supported formats - Playback: .aac, .amr, .ogg, .m4a, .mid, .mp3, .wav, .wma (Windows Media Audio 9) • Recording: .amr
* Video supported formats - Playback: .3gp, .3g2, .mp4, .wmv (Windows Media Video 9), .avi (MP4 ASP and MP3), .xvid (MP4 ASP and MP3) • Recording: .3gp
* 1230 mAh battery
* Talk time: Up to 320 minutes for WCDMA, Up to 550 minutes for GSM
* Standby time: Up to 490 hours for WCDMA, Up to 420 hours for GSM
* microSD expansion (SD 2.0 compatible)
* 100 ~ 240 V AC, 50/60 Hz DC output: 5 V and 1 A AC adaptor
* Dolby® Mobile and SRS surround sound
* Share pictures, video or music to your big screen TV or PC display via DLNA® (Digital Living Network Alliance)

The device is running HTC's custom 'Sense' UI layer, enhanced with a number of new widgets and applications, including a tool to migrate content from competing devices (including the Apple iPhone). The Desire HD sits at the top of HTC's newly rounded out device lineup, above the Desire and the newly announce, QWERTY equipped Desire Z.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
...and will retail for just under £500. They obviously really do believe it's an iPhone slayer at that price.

Out in 3 weeks

Is really worth upgrading my HD2 for, pretty much the same specs apart from the internal storage ????

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
I have the HTC Desire and it's a very good phone. Never had an iphone so I can't compare the two.

My Desire has just installed the Android 2.2 system update and it seems even faster than it was.

Top, top phone.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
I have an HTC Desire and it's bloody AMAZING. Does everything I need it to. Never had or used an iPhone though so I can't compare the two.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
HTC's look way COOLER than iPhones as well. Brushed metal finish...mmmmm.

I for one think our prolific mediaWHORE has made the right choice.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Stupid bint in "Phones4U" tried to palm me off with a WHITE Wildfire. I said I'm definitely getting a Wildfire, but I don't want a white one. She made a call and came out with some SHITE about "HTC have only supplied London and the South East with white Wildfires, but I can order you the two-tone black/bronze one for Tuesday...". Errr, no thanks love, I'll go next door to Carphone Warehouse, I can walk out with one from there. Which I promptly did.

Lying slut.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
All different tastes isnt there... in my team of 6 at work we have

1 IPhone (Ukrainian)
1 HTC legend (Me, English!)
1 Blackberry Curve (Pakistani)
1 Samsung Galaxy (Iranian)
1 Ericsson Experia (Polish)
1 Brick (Czech)

All claim to have the best phones, apart from the Czech bloke who we point and laugh at (although he kills us with battery life!)

Last edited:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here