Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipads, flasks and bottles containing more than 500ml of water banned from Old Trafford

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I have taken a laptop in a rucksack to an evening game at the Amex on a couple of occasions. I work sometimes at home. sometimes in London and sometimes further away training. If my laptop's in my bag it stays there. It's because I'll need it first thing in the morning. Not because I want to use it in the ground. There must be a few Old Trafford STHs in the same boat?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Old Trafford’s list of banned items would make any self-respecting airline jealous. Among other things, fans are not allowed to bring canned drinks, dark plastic bottles, drink cartons, drinking glasses, glass bottles, flasks, water in excess of 500ml, baby buggies, prams, camcorders, darts, fireworks, flares, knives, weapons, large bags or suitcases, large umbrellas, flags or banners greater than 2m x 1m or of an offensive nature, poles, sticks, tools, radios, smoke or gas canisters, and telescopic or long-lens cameras to the stadium.

http://www.theguardian.com/football...ed-ban-fans-ipads-tablet-devices-old-trafford

Not including the " Sense of Humour " ban which has been in place for years now.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Is it just me who thinks the rule about having the cap of a water bottle removed is the most idiotic rule any jobsworth thought of?

Especially as probably the easiest thing to conceal when entering the ground is a spare bottle cap? :whistle:

Hadn't thought about taking a spare cap , thanks for the tip .

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I was going to say I'm perfectly happy with a ban on iPads, as it's an increasing annoyance at football (or in fact any event) when you have people holding the bloody things up to take pictures.

Then somebody made the point about keeping kids occupied. Not that they should be doing anything other than watching the football of course, but if someone's kid was sat in front of me and it was a choice between him/her screaming the place down or quietly tapping away at Angry Birds, then I think Angry Birds is the winner for me.

Perhaps iPads can only be banned for the over eighteens. No, scratch that. The over fives.

Why not ban people from using them at grounds if filming is the issue? If I was to go from work I will most likely have my iPad with me. Or a laptop. Seems a bit backward to stop people bringing them to the ground.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Why on earth would you take an iPad to the footy? There's little more plastic than all the phones in the air pointing at player taking corner.....

When going to away games by train the iPad is essential.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here