iPad Mini en route

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
No idea what you are talking about.

You have to feel for Microsoft - their Win 8 RT Surface launch next week will now go largely unnoticed by the masses.

Are you personally sponsored by Apple Bozza?

Cause if you aren't you should be

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It's not working at the moment though.

Neither is mine. The ex went to throw it out the window and it hit the frame. I rather unwisely mocked her throwing ability and she then threw it at me. No amount of good design could stop the wrath of a lady.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
It would have arrived yesterday had it not been using updated software

No, it would have arrived last week but the delivery driver was using Apple Maps to plan his route :)

24 different versions planned 12 in white 12 in black, starting product is an 8 gig model priced at around $249 (so maybe we might see it at a sub £200 mark here but more likely it will be £250). I suspect with the number of variants that will include Wifi and 4g models.

New iPad also getting a slight mod to make it compatible with the UK 4G network and also the Mac Mini is getting an update as well

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Bit of advice if I may please Gents. I am buying an iPad for the mrs and my daughter for Xmas, the 16gb is £399 and the 32gb £479. They will use it mainly for email, Internet and photos.

Will 16gb be sufficient for their needs?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Bit of advice if I may please Gents. I am buying an iPad for the mrs and my daughter for Xmas, the 16gb is £399 and the 32gb £479. They will use it mainly for email, Internet and photos.

Yes!

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012

Yes, but don't go buying it just yet as it's likely to drop in price in the next month or so.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I literally could not be more excited about another new Apple product being around the corner, hot on the heels of the iPhone 5 aka the best phone in the world EVER.
Indeed, fair play to Apple for admitting they were wrong and copying Android manufacturers with a mini tablet and larger phone.

D

Deleted member 18477

Yes. Do not buy it yet!!! Wait and see the mini version. It might be better to get that. Also the iPad 3 will be reduced in price I'd imagine when the mini comes out . It might not though as we may have to wait till the new big one comes out for a price reduction in the current one... so just wait and see before jumping in!

If I didnt have the new ipad (ipad 3) and i was going to buy one id buy the mini I think. Always like to get the latest version...

Last edited by a moderator:

D

Deleted member 18477

Indeed, fair play to Apple for admitting they were wrong and copying Android manufacturers with a mini tablet and larger phone.

Smartphones will be the size of a credit card in the future and be able to fold out bigger.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
24 different versions planned 12 in white 12 in black, starting product is an 8 gig model priced at around $249 (so maybe we might see it at a sub £200 mark here but more likely it will be £250).

I wouldn't be so sure, I was in the States last week, iPod Touch $299, here £249, iPad 3 $499 there, £399 here. They seem to have adjusted their prices to be a bite closer to the exchange rate than they ever used to.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Smartphones will be the size of a credit card in the future and be able to fold out bigger.

imgres.jpeg

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I wouldn't be so sure, I was in the States last week, iPod Touch $299, here £249, iPad 3 $499 there, £399 here. They seem to have adjusted their prices to be a bite closer to the exchange rate than they ever used to.

Still a £90 premium for buying an iPad in this country.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Still a £90 premium for buying an iPad in this country.

Quite a bit better than it used to be though. And not worth being oiked out at customs and having to pay duty or tax on it.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Can Samsung sue because Apple is using the word Mini??.... surely the 5 day lead that Samsung has regarding announcements would be grounds to litigate all across the world....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports