Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Iowa Caucus

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
The NYT voter entrance poll provides an interesting picture of who Clinton and Sanders appeal to.

CaLpIvhUcAEoS0k.jpg

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I can see Bernie Sanders winning the presidency.

I like him, I really do, but no. Not a cats chance. He's lucky that the two first-voting states are two of his 3 or 4 best states demographicaly, HRC will clean up on super tuesday and it'll be done.

IF something daft happens and she gets indicted or pulls out or whatever, Berni would probably be neck-and-neck against Cruz, would lose honourably against Trump and would have his arse kicked against Rubio, probably only winning Vermont in that scenario.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
The NYT voter entrance poll provides an interesting picture of who Clinton and Sanders appeal to.

CaLpIvhUcAEoS0k.jpg

A possible explanation for that is that if you are old enough to have benefited from the past 30 years of the political and economic establishment stick with it and don't get off. Otherwise if you are younger, the establishment train has left and you might be inclined to look for another train.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It's yet another triumph for the opinion pollsters who predicted a 6% for Trump and a 4% victory for Clinton (and that based on how people voted, not intentions). It does make me wonder whether chicken giblets may not be a better guide than 'scientific' polling

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
A possible explanation for that is that if you are old enough to have benefited from the past 30 years of the political and economic establishment stick with it and don't get off. Otherwise if you are younger, the establishment train has left and you might be inclined to look for another train.

Or simply, you get more right wing as you get older!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Cruz is a more terrifying prospect than Trump, proper right wing extremist that will be the darling of Fox News

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

CaLpIvhUcAEoS0k.jpg

Have just read the NYT latest report.
It is saying Trump has suffered a humbling loss, more like the voter has spoken?

"Instead, Mr. Trump paid the price for building only a rudimentary political organization in the state: The brew of energy and anger powering his candidacy did not fully translate into votes."

Continue reading the main story Slide Show

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/02/u...region=span-abc-region&WT.nav=span-abc-region

Stumpy Tim

Clinton is pretty terrifying as well.
How is she terrifying exactly? Cruz wants to abolish Obama's healthcare plan and rip up the deal with Iran plunging the world into crisis again. Clinton wants to extend health care, continue Obama's friendly foreign policy and take action on guns. Trying to see how Clinton is terrifying there

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Cruz is a more terrifying prospect than Trump, proper right wing extremist that will be the darling of Fox News

I agree. The prospect of a Christian fundamentalist theocrat at the White Hose would send the US back decades. The GOP have no chance of being elected with this lot in charge of the asylum.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Clinton is one of the most qualified people ever to run, I hope she can deliver a knock-out blow on Super Tuesday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here