Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

iOS 6?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Ios 6?

What will the updates do for iPad 3? Upgraded the fiancees iPhone (minimum difference to before) but going to wait until tomorrow to upgrade iPad when it has full battery.

Well seems to be an anti google upgrade as removes youtube when there is no available iPad app replacement and removes the google maps app and replaces with an inferior apple version. Apart from a few cosmetic changes to iTunes and AppStore that's about it.

In fact if I am now seeing if possible to remove and revert back to ios5 and not upgraded the iphone as this appears on the surface as a pointless downgrade and smacks of change for the hell of it rather than an enhanced user experience

telrald

Jan 11, 2006
east grinstead
Well seems to be an anti google upgrade as removes youtube when there is no available iPad app replacement and removes the google maps app and replaces with an inferior apple version. Apart from a few cosmetic changes to iTunes and AppStore that's about it.

In fact if I am now seeing if possible to remove and revert back to ios5 and not upgraded the iphone as this appears on the surface as a pointless downgrade and smacks of change for the hell of it rather than an enhanced user experience

Can you revert back to iOS 5? Very disappointed by iOS 6, mapping is appalling, only 3d in cities and no more street view (doesn't work on google earth app). Apple have definitely dropped a bollock by dropping google software so quickly before replacing it with anything suitable

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Can you revert back to iOS 5? Very disappointed by iOS 6, mapping is appalling, only 3d in cities and no more street view (doesn't work on google earth app). Apple have definitely dropped a bollock by dropping google software so quickly before replacing it with anything suitable

A solution - Open Safari on your phone go to maps.google.com let it get your location and add it to your home screen as an app button.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK

I like it. Getting rid of the YouTube app is fine by me as to use it, you were ripped out of Safari - it has intergrated YouTube uploads directly from your photo album though which is great. I'm loving the 3D maps at the moment: can't see it being much more than a gimmick for a while, but it's an attractive gimmick.

iOS feels more rounded to me, fuller; and the Do Not Disturb is a cracking addition.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
If it wasn't for the maps being so shit. It would be great. Disappointed though with maps. Siri on ipad 3 is very impressive though.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
I have an iPad but am new to all this. What is it and how do I get it?

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Why is the download and install button for the update greyed out for my iphone 4?

That would probably be because you have less than 50% battery. It recommends having at least that before you start the download and installation.

Mine's also been on 'Preparing Update...' for a while.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
So what's new? I see I have passsbook now, but when I select 'app store' which seems to the the only thing I can select it just dies. Maps are worse in my opinion. It's no quicker, there's a couple of new Emoji, yey.

Awaits someone (Bozza?) to tell me why this is a ground breaking update, because I cannot see it. What is different?

Oh and I thought I could facetime over 3G now? But I've just had a message that I need to be on WiFi... WTF Apple?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here