Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

IOS 6 and Cellular Data Usage

Promotion

Aug 27, 2011
Nearby
Anyone else noticed an increase in their cellular data usage since upgrading? I have suddenly used over 2gb this month even though I am connected to wifi most of the time. I have never gone over my 1gb limit before. Seems from a quick search this is a problem in the US.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
is this because the new maps app is in constant communication with Apple to upgrade their info?

Stinky Pete

Aug 31, 2009
London
I must admit now you mention it mine has gone a bit mad since the iOS6 update. Any official news about this?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Just to add, I've had no problems with data. Make sure you don't have too many push notifications set up and that you don't use Siri too much.

One thing I have noticed, is that if I have no signal, I can often get perfectly good call signal by disabling 3G. As soon as I switch 3G on again, the signal disappears. Anyone know if that's normal?

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
One thing I have noticed, is that if I have no signal, I can often get perfectly good call signal by disabling 3G. As soon as I switch 3G on again, the signal disappears. Anyone know if that's normal?

that is normal, the phone will always choose 3g over a 2g connection, even when it would be 10% versus 90% signal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here