Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Inverness Caley Thistle need your help!

xhamishx

Jun 3, 2004
Imagine if you won the league - but were denied moving up to a division because the teams in that league voted to not accept you! Sounds stupid? Well thats exactly what has happened in the Scottish first division for the second year running.

We are not whining to get promoted - that is not the point of this post - but we are looking for widespread support to try and get the Scottish League sorted out - it's a total joke at the moment.

Please can you sign the petition against the SPL (Scottish Premier League) on the link below. Good luck next season!

Sign The Petition

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
I thought their decision was finalised. Why they didn't agree to you sharing with Aberdeen I don't understand.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
signed, its a complete farce and a disgrace is what I said!

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Hmm, they knew the rules and realistically could have improved their ground over the last few years, money aparently could have been available

Its not as if they havent been up challenging in the last few years.

Oh, and all your fans slagging off Aberdeen for overcharging you guys to use Pittodrie, well we aint a charity, and you had my sympathies till the torrent of abuse over that flared up.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Kuipers Left Hand said:
I thought their decision was finalised. Why they didn't agree to you sharing with Aberdeen I don't understand.

they have 14 days too lodge an appeal, although with such a system they have little chance of success.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
How are Inverness ever going to derive enough income for ground improvements unless they are allowed to play in the SPL?

This decision has dealt another blow to the credibility of Scottish football.

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
Inverness Caledonian Thistle are not a franchise per se. They are a merger of Inverness Caledonian and Inverness Thistle. The two clubs merged so that Inverness could be represented by one club in the Scottish Football League. As usual with these mergers there are die-hard supporters of both clubs who do not go to ICT games but it is not really fair to compare them to MK Dons. Livingston are a franchise team. They were Meadowbank Thistle (based in Edinburgh), were bought over and moved to Livingston about 15 miles away.

Airdrie United are a franchise having been Clydebank and moved to Airdrie after the death of Airdrieonians.

Re the promotion of ICT, the really crazy rule is that all stadia in the SPL have to be over 10,000 capacity. As a result, Partick upgraded their stadium to the detriment of their playing staff so it is possible to have some sympathy for them. How they were allowed to vote on the decision is beyond me. It would be nice if we just had a straight promotion/relegation system like everywhere else instead of this farcical re-election nonsense. I will sign the petition.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Duly signed, it's abou time the SPL got it's act together. I think it's disgrace the way they are treating some of these teams

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think this sort of nonsense is a direct consequence of having two MASSIVE clubs playing in what is otherwise a tiny league.

Scottish football would be better off letting Rangers and Celtic join the English league (starting in division 3 obviously) or some pan-Northern Europe league or something and letting the rest just get on with it. All of a sudden, no more problems with ground sizes, and you'll get a competitive league where the best players don't just get snapped up by the old firm and shoved in their reserves simply to deprive other teams in the league of their best players. I guess Rangers and Celtic could even play their second string in the Scottish league with certain conditions on how many first teams could play in the Scottish league...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here