Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Introduction of charges for season ticket cards

Coalburner

May 22, 2017
There is an elderly lady who travels on our Seagull Transport bus who has neither mobile phone nor internet and relies on her card ST. Seems to me that people in her circumstances are being discriminated against bu this new charge.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
The club must have sold a lot of season tickets if it is happy to upset even small minorities for minimal amounts of money.....

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I haven’t had my ID checked this season.
No the club haven’t asked for any sort of evidence why I needed a card.

Do you realise the ST card has a photo of the holder on it?
If I did lend my card to someone (I wouldn’t) they would have to look like me (unfortunately) if a random ID check was made.

No, I assumed it was just the same as the ones we all had until a couple of years ago. Although as you say, they'd need to check it to make than an issue. Just strange that the club is fighting so strongly on ticket sharing (whatever your views) when there are X amount of people with these cards that can just do it pretty easily.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Gotta claw back the 50mil from somewhere

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
The club have said next season will be the last season that season ticket cards (rather than mobile phone downloaded tickets) will be issued free and in subsequent seasons a fee (£20) will apply. Is that morally right? If an existing season ticket holder already has a card does it really per 'customer' cost more to renew compared to a mobile phone download? I have never read anything here or heard from anyone experiencing an actual problem at the turnstiles or ahead of with a card whereas I have heard and seen a range of issues, concerns and problems with a downloaded to mobile phone ticket. lets remember before we judge everyone that its so easy with an app etc. etc., not everyone finds it easy or indeed even has a mobile phone. Has the club got it right or just alienated more fans?

The club have to fund Barber's £2 million per year salary somehow.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
No, I assumed it was just the same as the ones we all had until a couple of years ago. Although as you say, they'd need to check it to make than an issue. Just strange that the club is fighting so strongly on ticket sharing (whatever your views) when there are X amount of people with these cards that can just do it pretty easily.

I hope others think like me and don’t abuse the card. The email I received from the club today said there will be random ID checks throughout the season.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Yeah, trying to please everybody at the same time. Just causes more problems.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I hope others think like me and don’t abuse the card. The email I received from the club today said there will be random ID checks throughout the season.

Do you think the club have put card holders into cohorts and have a suspicion based on age and circumstances known (appreciate a sweeping statement) that some are abusing the system?

Seems coincidental that the admin is exactly the same as the sharing scheme.

The fee and random checks may do enough in their eyes but of course there will be some collateral damage

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Do you think the club have put card holders into cohorts and have a suspicion based on age and circumstances known (appreciate a sweeping statement) that some are abusing the system?

Seems coincidental that the admin is exactly the same as the sharing scheme.

The fee and random checks may do enough in their eyes but of course there will be some collateral damage

I would be surprised if many are abusing the ST card system.

Today’s email was really just to say I can carry on using the card next season for no charge, but there will be a fee for the following (as mentioned in the OP)
The email does read like I should be really thinking about having a ST on my phone though, and mentioned that I can get lessons on how to use my phone to get into the Amex and buy a phone for as little as £35.

More cheese pairing bollocks from the club that just alienates people needlessly. A nominal fee would be fine but 20 quid pis$taking as usual. We pay enough for the STs already. Oh and love people openly saying it doesn’t affect me so I don’t care who else it affects. If that doesn’t sum up fan culture in this drab era I don’t know what does

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex
More cheese pairing bollocks from the club that just alienates people needlessly. A nominal fee would be fine but 20 quid pis$taking as usual. We pay enough for the STs already. Oh and love people openly saying it doesn’t affect me so I don’t care who else it affects. If that doesn’t sum up fan culture in this drab era I don’t know what does

Can't see the problem, if you are your average CEO on £2mill a year and obviously working hard for it. Doing a 70 hour week. It will take you 2 minutes to earn that £20 fee
Obviously affordable.

Prediction - if we are back in the Championship in 23, this cobblers will be quietly forgotten

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I've got a card because I dont use Googlepay or Applepay. I just dont like the idea of having my card info on my phone as I have lost several over the years.

Another small charge for sweet FA. Going through the turnstiles is quicker with the card as so many people have trouble with the app but I have no problem with the card. I have the card already, its not costing the club anything to keep it going should I use it next year. Love all the comments from those that don't have cards who dont care, just like my pet peev, the crash helmet charge at £5 a game. Although its not going to affect me as I've given up my ticket for next season.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I’ve used the phone this season, but if the card is an option for next season, I’m not fussed either way

Sorry I was confused by your “I don’t have a problem with it tbh” post, my mistake.
I thought you meant you had a ST card and didn’t have a problem paying £20 to use it in season 23/24

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Going through the turnstiles is quicker with the card as so many people have trouble with the app but I have no problem with the card.

This.
I have seen someone at every match having an issue with their phone, usually I can just side step them to the next turnstile.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here