Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Interview with Palace fan Kevin Day and his thoughts on The Albion

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
a large mob of Brighton off down Fulham Broadway chasing Palarse fans (which ive seen several Palarse supporters try to deny...ho ho)

Did this lead to our song "We had joy we had fun , we had Palace on the run , but the joy didn't last cos the bastards ran too fast" ? I remember about 30 of us running after some Palace fans but they may have been trying to get on the tube before us. :laugh:

IKDRF

May 1, 2009
Its beyond me why people are so desperate to continue the 'rivals' thing with Palace. Looking at their own forums their are considerably less people who seem bothered by the whole concept.

QPR biggest rivals next season? - CPFC BBS

Although the above thread refers to the Championship youll see my point

Last edited:

The Phoenix

May 20, 2009
Eagle eyed view of you...
Bollocks. You lot will always be our number one rivals, with Millwall second. They're the only two long term rivalries we will ever have. We've had short term rivalries with teams recently, mainly due to your absence (e.g Birmingham a few years ago, Charlton and it's looking like QPR for this one) but none will ever become long term or get to the same level as Palace Brighton.

Kevin Day isn't actually correct in his interview. He suggests that the rivalry only matters to older fans and the younger generation don't care, which isn't true. The majority of teens and 20 somethings will list Brighton as who they regard their number one rival to be. He's right in saying it means more to older fans, since they experienced it more. You lot need to get promoted otherwise it could end up dying out :thumbsup:

IKDRF

May 1, 2009
Bollocks. You lot will always be our number one rivals, with Millwall second. They're the only two long term rivalries we will ever have. We've had short term rivalries with teams recently, mainly due to your absence (e.g Birmingham a few years ago, Charlton and it's looking like QPR for this one) but none will ever become long term or get to the same level as Palace Brighton.

Kevin Day isn't actually correct in his interview. He suggests that the rivalry only matters to older fans and the younger generation don't care, which isn't true. The majority of teens and 20 somethings will list Brighton as who they regard their number one rival to be. He's right in saying it means more to older fans, since they experienced it more. You lot need to get promoted otherwise it could end up dying out :thumbsup:

The school of thought on your own website suggest that Millwall is the big match this season. But yes the Brighton rivalry is like old soldiers slowly being laid to rest. I do enjoy seeing Palace beaten nowadays but I dont know why it occupies so much space. Its embarrassing when Palace fans suggest Brighton are desperate to be their rivals.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
It's strange that so many Palace fans are comedians: Kevin Day, Ronnie Corbett, Sean Hughes, Jo Brand, Eddie Izzard, Mark Steele to name just some. Is there a reason for this?

The Phoenix

May 20, 2009
The school of thought on your own website suggest that Millwall is the big match this season. But yes the Brighton rivalry is like old soldiers slowly being laid to rest. I do enjoy seeing Palace beaten nowadays but I dont know why it occupies so much space. Its embarrassing when Palace fans suggest Brighton are desperate to be their rivals.

You're still talking shit. Brighton consider Palace their main rivals, whilst Palace consider Brighton their main rivals. Just because you don't fancy it any more doesn't mean everyone else doesn't. Palace fans don't claim Brighton are desperate to be their rivals. They just are their rivals.

What's Millwall being the biggest game of our season got to do with anything in terms of you not being our rivals any more? We're not in your division, in case you hadn't noticed... If we were playing you next season, then that'd be the biggest game. No question about it.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Have to say I agree with Palace boy on this^^^^

...and regular meeting will return, if palace don't get relegated next season.

IKDRF

May 1, 2009
You're still talking shit. Brighton consider Palace their main rivals, whilst Palace consider Brighton their main rivals. Just because you don't fancy it any more doesn't mean everyone else doesn't. Palace fans don't claim Brighton are desperate to be their rivals. They just are their rivals.

What's Millwall being the biggest game of our season got to do with anything in terms of you not being our rivals any more? We're not in your division, in case you hadn't noticed... If we were playing you next season, then that'd be the biggest game. No question about it.

The above conclusion was merely arrived at after visiting your own forums. Thanfully I am not quite a personal as yourself when in disagreement.

The Phoenix

May 20, 2009
The above conclusion was merely arrived at after visiting your own forums. Thanfully I am not quite a personal as yourself when in disagreement.

You came to the conclusion due to seeing that Palace fans were looking forward to playing a team local to them next season. It's a shit conclusion to make, because looking forward to playing the knuckle draggers doesn't mean that they don't care about Brighton any more in any way at all. It's like claiming that because you are looking forward to Falmer, that must therefore mean that you don't miss the Goldstone. I'm sorry if I've been blunt, but if you say such silly things, you can expect a blunt reply.

IKDRF

May 1, 2009
I don't, but it would be sods law. :tantrum:

When Palace first went up to the top flight in one of the fanzines Brighton were issued six months notice to the termination of rivalry. Basically unless they came up Palace would look for a new enemy! So perhaps a season of superiority wouldnt go amis
:thumbsup:

The Phoenix

May 20, 2009
I don't, but it would be sods law. :tantrum:

:lolol:

To be honest, I don't think you're going to get promoted this season. I might be wrong (hope so in alot of ways), but I think this next season is still a transition, where you build and finish in a good spot, and then the season after push for automatic. It's probably the best way in the long term too tbh. Means waiting though, which is difficult for those of us with next to no first hand experience of the rivalry :angry:

Palace will most likely finish mid table, unless Burley is being paid in Famous Grouse (probably), in which case we're f***ed.

The Phoenix

May 20, 2009
When Palace first went up to the top flight in one of the fanzines Brighton were issued six months notice to the termination of rivalry. Basically unless they came up Palace would look for a new enemy! So perhaps a season of superiority wouldnt go amis
:thumbsup:

:facepalm:

You really have no clue. I'm not quite sure why you're so passionate about the lack of a rivalry. It's very odd.

IKDRF

May 1, 2009

You really have no clue. I'm not quite sure why you're so passionate about the lack of a rivalry. It's very odd.

Ill leave you to work it out while I get a good nights sleep. If it's still troubling you in the morning Ill give you my number... :laugh:

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells

F*ck I'm agreeing with a Palace fan. Not sure what that blokes on about - every Brighton fan I know hates the scum with a passion. I certainly do, so go get f*cked The Phoenix!:angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here