Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Interstellar

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I really liked the cinematography, and I thought that the first 2/3rds were excellent. However much of the storyline was very predictable and the last 45 minutes or so were just bonkers.

The ending was a bit "out there" and took some pondering, I agree with that. But overall I've had a worse 3 hours.

I'd have liked a little more of a backstory about what had gone and bollocksed up the Earth. I'd also have like to have seen how it had affected other parts of the planet, this could have been covered better a short prologue rather than a few wrinked talking heads. All we ever see is the farmland around that small town somewhere in the US, I wanted to know more about the wider picture. But s I say, overall I thought it was very decent.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Fantastic film, and even though it might be hard to believe, it is generally very scientifically sound. Kip Thorne, one of the world's leading physicists, was an executive producer.

The film is amazing and even you research some of the science behind it, it becomes even better.

If I recall, the blight mainly respires nitrogen rather than oxygen. Since the atmosphere is mainly made up of nitrogen, the blight thrives. Plants do need nitrogen but they take it in through the soil where it can be absorbed in a different form. As more more blight takes over plant life, less photosynthesis takes place so less oxygen is fed into the atmosphere. This increases the nitrogen concentration further, allowing the blight to thrive even more.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I remember liking it, but only having negative comments about it, in some weird contradiction.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I really enjoyed the last half hour, I love hearing all the theory behind, dimensions, blackholes and wormholes. For me the build up got a bit dull in the middle 1/3

Carl Sagan explains why they had to build that thing to allow him to access different points in time:

[yt]N0WjV6MmCyM[/yt]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here