Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Internet holiday sites

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm so old I can remember the days when you used to have to go into Thomsons or Lunn Poly on the high street and they'd present you with about three pages of clunky Teletext if you wanted to go to, say, the Med in August and that was your lot to choose from. Unsurprisingly cost a blooming fortune also. Can't believe there's still a Thomsons on the high street, there's even one in London Road. Days must be severely numbered shirley?

Lunn Poly. Now that takes me back.

This is more like a nostalgia thread. :)

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
As a relatively new owner of a Travel Franchise business, booking holidays via the internet is an interesting subject. Certainly for long haul/tailor made/multi centre holidays, I don't have any issues competing with online providers. In fact a number of suppliers are falling over themselves to try and secure business and are doing some amazing deals for us Travel Agents. The same applies to a lesser extent for short haul - it's always worth picking up the phone - there is always a deal to be done. I have a website presence, but all the Holidays I've done for customers, have been via the phone with suppliers!

The Buying Group I belong to has access to over 450 Travel Suppliers, I work from home so therefore have minimal overheads, so can price accordingly.

Always happy to do a deal for fellow Seagull fans!

Only on my phone so your avatar is very small, is it ST Travel? I can't quite read it!

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Sunshine holidays used them a few times and they are ATOL Protected.
But I always do my own flights transfers and insurance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here