Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Internet Explorer / Vista - Security Updates Grrr....

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Help please anyone. Sorry for the non NSC type thread but I'm frustrated and hacked off with this beyond belief....

I don't allow windows updates as a usual rule, but some small 4 year old seems to have run one today and now there are very few web sites I can access...

For example when I try google I get "the domain google.co.uk no longer valid"...

I can't get yahoo, google, bbc and many other regulars...

Help anyone please?

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Just do a system restore, and restore your computer to a time before the update.

Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
stop using that stone age Internet Explorer then, move into the twenty first century with Firefox! From the sounds of it that isnt anything to do with a windows update however, sure some 4 year old hasnt pulled the cable out the back of your PC?

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
stop using that stone age Internet Explorer then, move into the twenty first century with Firefox! From the sounds of it that isnt anything to do with a windows update however, sure some 4 year old hasnt pulled the cable out the back of your PC?

Firefox is on my desktop, I'm not a mad fan...

How would I be on here then?

sam86

Feb 18, 2009

How on earth would a loose wire stop him from visiting 'some' websites :lolol:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
There were 7 last night. 2 are security updates. No trouble with mine. :shrug:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Quick google (something you can't do right now obviously!) suggests that Tiscali's having some serious issues right now.

Interesting - I was wondering if the update has changed some settings that are now not co-operating with mcafee...

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Probably Firefox. I changed about 6 month ago when it started doing stuff like this. Not as good as it first was!

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Blinking flip!! If I need to tell you then you are far too stupid to own a computer!

Why would you turn off automatic security updates on ANY operating system let alone windo$e?

Charming individual

Personally I think it stupid to accept everything microsoft choses to throw at me without a little investigation, but then of course I'm too stupid to own a computer

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Google Chrome is nice.....:smokin: Awaits alternative geek list.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here