[Music] International Reggae Day.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
And that Sa La Vie somehow always puts me in mind of this...

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
And Leroy Sibbles must take us to The Heptones...

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Delroy Wilson with a mighty moanin 'bone ... Another Tams versioned ..

Which leads nicely into this…..

Midnight to six man
For the first time from Jamaica
Dillinger and leroy smart
Delroy wilson, your cool operator

921DE533-40A1-4F37-8B2B-05961A46C06D.jpeg

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
My next tenuous link - Park ... Nice one straight from the box...

Btw...what an album that is! Lovely to get the dub version on this one though :love:

BrianB

Sleepy Mid Sussex
Nov 14, 2020
Which leads nicely into this…..

Midnight to six man
For the first time from Jamaica
Dillinger and leroy smart
Delroy wilson, your cool operator

View attachment 163051

Ohh man - Steve Bernard had a radio show on BBC radio London Sunday afternoons early 70s which came through with very bad reception, it was one of very few ways we could hear new tunes ...
Link Dillinger ...

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
In the interests of fairness, I'm going to tune bomb the thread with a soul tune, since it's so gorgeous! I promise it'll be a one off :)

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth

Always makes me smile when I hear this.

Many moons ago when I used to enjoy a smoke, I came up with an idea of buying a van, loading it up with goodies, chocolate, crisps etc and driving round the local estates at about 2-3am playing this like an ice cream van and calling myself the Munchy man, reckon I would’ve made a killing where I lived in a Chelmsley Wood with the amount of weed about.

Soon scrubbed the idea when I was straight headed, as realised I would’ve been looted on the first night with the amount of wrong’uns on the estate.

BrianB

Sleepy Mid Sussex
Nov 14, 2020
Linking - Natty... In this case he don't wear polyester...

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Ohh man - Steve Bernard had a radio show on BBC radio London Sunday afternoons early 70s which came through with very bad reception, it was one of very few ways we could hear new tunes ...
Link Dillinger ...

Got to be time for some Pipcock Jackson then, surely?

BrianB

Sleepy Mid Sussex
Nov 14, 2020
In the interests of fairness, I'm going to tune bomb the thread with a soul tune, since it's so gorgeous! I promise it'll be a one off :)

nowt wrong with that . One the great underrated soul singers , makes me smile seeing photos of him wearing a Stetson as wide as he is high .

BrianB

Sleepy Mid Sussex
Nov 14, 2020
Always makes me smile when I hear this.

Many moons ago when I used to enjoy a smoke, I came up with an idea of buying a van, loading it up with goodies, chocolate, crisps etc and driving round the local estates at about 2-3am playing this like an ice cream van and calling myself the Munchy man, reckon I would’ve made a killing where I lived in a Chelmsley Wood with the amount of weed about.

Soon scrubbed the idea when I was straight headed, as realised I would’ve been looted on the first night with the amount of wrong’uns on the estate.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
And my favourite Big Youth tune...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports