[Music] International Reggae Day.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Thought I'd throw some more poetry in

Mi cyaan believe it.

Love that album! Another sad story though, the way his life was taken.

Thankfully we've already had some LKJ posted. So I'll go with some Jean 'Binta' Breeze first.

Also throw in some Benjamin Zephaniah.

And not to forget the great Miss Lou! I've gone with this clip as it's great to see her as well as hear her, since she was a real larger than life character and a Jamaican national treasure.

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
Not sure if its a guilty pleasure or not, but I like signing off.

shame they sold their souls for the payola and turned into a commercially driven covers Cod reggae Butlins spectacular so soon afterwards

No it's not a guilty pleasure. Their first 3 albums were very good. I can't remember who brought it up earlier in this thread but I owe my love of reggae to UB40. I saw them at the Centre in 1982 or 1983. They were great but the support act, Night Doctor, absolutely blew my effing mind. I was a pretty young and I had never seen or heard anything like it before in my life. Hooked since.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

shame they sold their souls for the payola and turned into a commercially driven covers Cod reggae Butlins spectacular so soon afterwards

Nothing wrong with gateway drugs :thumbsup:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

I like Signing Off and their second album Present Arms, I had both when they came out, these are the only UB40 albums I have on my downloaded music.
Saw them at the Brighton Centre, think it was 1981, if that was the first time they played there.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth

Great Album.
loved UB40 early years living in Brum, have seen them a few times and thought that was enough but got roped into seeing them Friday in Northampton by my nieces coming down from Brum. I’m not overly enthusiastic at the moment about going, but sure after a few beers it’ll be alright.

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
I like Signing Off and their second album Present Arms, I had both when they came out, these are the only UB40 albums I have on my downloaded music.
Saw them at the Brighton Centre, think it was 1981, if that was the first time they played there.
Yeah I was thinking of those 2 and Present Arms in dub. I was just a little bit too young for the 1981 gig, I would only have been 11. Pretty sure it was the following year that my folks let me go, on my own. You have to love 70s and 80s parenting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports