[Music] International Reggae Day.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
And another stonewall classic! This was one of the very first UK produced tunes to cross back over to Jamaica and be taken really seriously there I heard. Doubt that's quite true, but it is almost believable, given how big a tune it is.
Incredible band in their roots heyday!
Massive tune, I’m sure i had that Babylon soundtrack in the 80s

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Going back to 80' Jamaican dancehall for a bit. Love the lyrics in this :lol:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

Saw this when it originally went out on BBC 2, absolutely stunned. Bought the zippo lighter version of catch a fire and then found out thy were going to play at University of Sussex. It then went down hill, UoS gig was cancelled and then someone stole my Catch of Fire LP. The re-releases did not have the cover that looked like a zippo light.

Sill excellent along with Concrete Jungle....

First and only time I was ahead of the music trends...

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
And then bringing it back to the UK, on the veg theme, another of my favourites...

But he's probably best remembered for this. Brilliant tune :lol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
There was a lot of 'colour TV weh me trust pon HP' going on in the 80's UK Reggae scene :lolol:

Here's another...

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Talking of Smiley Culture. Cockney Translator was iconic and was a massive hit on Top of the Pops. This is one of my all time favourites of his though. Btw, Club Mix was a bloody brilliant programme and a rare treat back in the day.

I love the name checking of all the big UK Reggae Artists and tunes of the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports