[Music] International Reggae Day.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Apparently this is a thing. So in the spirit of these things, since I missed out on International Tuba Day, here's your chance to post your favourite Reggae tunes to mark the occasion.

Given the theme is apparently 80's /90's influential dancehall, I'll kick off with this classic. Ticking all the right boxes:

Year: 1985.
Producer/label: Jammy's.
Riddim: Sleng Teng.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I could probably spend the evening on 80's/ 90's dancehall, so instead I'll come in early with a different version I only heard recently of a 70's Junior Byles classic. Not forgetting that there's already untold versions of Curly Locks anyway!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Stumbled on this on Discogs t'other day , now winging it's way into the record box..

Love it!

It's what Jamaican's do best... Answer versions! :lol:

I don't know for sure, but I suspect she was answering this?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Sorry if this out of the time slot, but I love this;

No time slot Jack, you post away from any era!

I was hoping you'd join in with this thread. :thumbsup:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
A £2 gamble on discogs ... Hopefully only the label that's fekd - working on the principle that 12" grooves are fairly bullet proof ..

Quality again! Nice buy 👌🏾

I'll answer with this then..

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Coincidentaly, I've got this radio station blaring out of my sound system as I opened this thread! Just click the play button after where it says FluxFM Dub.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
And if we're talking, Feeling Soul, then we must remember the great Bob Andy. What a song writer he was!....

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Coincidentaly, I've got this radio station blaring out of my sound system as I opened this thread! Just click the play button after where it says FluxFM Dub.
Can't you join us for a NSC sound clash instead JS?

You know it makes sense :thumbsup:

BrianB

Sleepy Mid Sussex
Nov 14, 2020
Earlier this year I was asked to ' do something ' with a massive stack of reggae, soul and some rock records by a couple of recently deceased friends families ,after much filtering out dross straight to charity shops, I struck a deal with my local friendly record dealer who bought most of the rest for a decent amount ( that went to McMillan cancer charity) but not interested in the 12" singles . .... Including this little beaut!😎.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports