Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] International Pascal Gross Day - 31st August 2023

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I do not really need to explain this other than he needs a day in which we can all join as one to celebrate and reflect on his all-round loveliness and grateness.

International Pascal Gross Day - 31st August 2023

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I suggest all and sundry attempt to execute a Gross turn in an unexpected context, eg out shopping, making your way into the office at work, walking the dog, doing a park run etc. You must of course completely flummox those nearest you (y)

:grossturn:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I'm celebrating by spending the day being accused by everyone else of being "too slow"

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I’m in. I bloody love him. Let’s get some of this, erm, “corpse water” down our necks to honour the great man with his home town’s local brew:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’m in. I bloody love him. Let’s get some of this, erm, “corpse water” down our necks to honour the great man with his home town’s local brew:

Just ordered 24 cans of this. @Uncle Buck , there’s a few for you in this order!

AEECFC01-1C96-42B7-93DD-AD2B4AC2DBB6.png

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
If he makes love like he plays football he has a very happy wife.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
24 cans of corpse water
1668FDC0-65F4-4974-BCE8-C1194743E9FB.jpeg
2AA19EC7-E5B9-4685-9D93-4471639A2194.jpeg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I am pissed off that I missed it this year. Do we really have to wait another 360 days to celebrate him?
You could always do what his friends and family do, and celebrate International Pascal Gross Day on his birthday instead.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I know that myself, along with a few other hardy souls, (@Sheebo and @Mellotron spring to mind) hate all the anti-England sentiment that England international matches seem to bring out in NSC. The England match threads are often full of people falling over themselves to post about about how much they don't care about the national team, some even to the extent of saying they actively support other nations even though they have no connection to them.

Well ...... I'm joining them. I will happily see England lose to Ukraine if in turn Pascal gets to play and ideally score for Germany. There. Greater love hath no man than he lays down his country for one of his all-time favourite Albion players.

(Sorry guys! But we can afford to burn one of the games as we should still qualify easily. And my offer to the footballing gods only extends to the Ukraine game as we also can't really begrudge them some happiness either. I don't want to lose to Scotland - even with Billy Gilmour.).

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I know that myself, along with a few other hardy souls, (@Sheebo and @Mellotron spring to mind) hate all the anti-England sentiment that England international matches seem to bring out in NSC. The England match threads are often full of people falling over themselves to post about about how much they don't care about the national team, some even to the extent of saying they actively support other nations even though they have no connection to them.

Well ...... I'm joining them. I will happily see England lose to Ukraine if in turn Pascal gets to play and ideally score for Germany. There. Greater love hath no man than he lays down his country for one of his all-time favourite Albion players.

(Sorry guys! But we can afford to burn one of the games as we should still qualify easily. And my offer to the footballing gods only extends to the Ukraine game as we also can't really begrudge them some happiness either. I don't want to lose to Scotland - even with Billy Gilmour.).
And what if Dunk is on the teamsheet? Do you not want a clean sheet for Lewis Carl Dunk?

Both Germany games are friendlies. I am confident Pascal will get at least 10 minutes.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I am pissed off that I missed it this year. Do we really have to wait another 360 days to celebrate him?
It's a bit like Pride. You can still be fabulous on other days.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
And what if Dunk is on the teamsheet? Do you not want a clean sheet for Lewis Carl Dunk?

Both Germany games are friendlies. I am confident Pascal will get at least 10 minutes.
Hmm, yes, good point, I hadn't thought about that. Too late though, I've already made the offer. Let's hope Dunk's not on the pitch when Ukraine score their winner, otherwise it'll all be my fault. One of those 'Monkey's Paw' things. :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here