Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Interesting Information r.e LDC

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
It appears that not everybody in the Council is in favour of the decision to proceed with the Judicial review.

Ive Just had a conversation with a Mate who knows a Lewes District Councillor very well. I wont name them for obvious reasons but he/she is a Liberal Democrat and although he/she was against building the Stadium at Falmer apparently he/she is not happy about the decision to proceed with a Judicial review as he/she feels that they are throwing money away on a lost cause.

He/she is also unhappy that this decision has been made without having been reffered to the full Council and frustrated that he/she is not able to publically comment on the matter.

Anyway I will try and find out If he/she intends to do anything about voicing their concerns but hopefully if there are a few others within the Council that feel the same way then they could be facing a revolt from within!

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
its my understanding that the decision to seek a judicial review has to be approved by the full council anyway

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
seagullion said:
its my understanding that the decision to seek a judicial review has to be approved by the full council anyway

Apparently not - in the FAQ Falmer section on the Lewes District Council website it says:

Is the Decision of the Cabinet subject to confirmation by the Council Meeting to be held on 7 December?

No, the matter is not on the Council agenda for the meeting of 7 December and the application to the High Court will probably be lodged before the meeting of the Council. The Cabinet had full legal powers to take the decision to make the application to the High Court.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here