Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Interesting dynamic with the results today for the relegation fight...

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
What interests me is that another point at Arsenal is effectively useless, we might as well gamble on 3 even if it greater risks getting beat

That assumes its 100% impossible to get a draw against city at home, which it isn't, albeit highly unlikely

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Will certainly make the last game interesting if there’s a Cardiff / Arsenal double next weekend...

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
the most recent brighton performance i've seen was todays second half

and if you're downhearted after that, well i don't understand.

Yes I am.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
that second half was everything i want from the albion. honestly shocked anyone could feel disappointed at full time.

i seem to recall you're a serial miserablist. carry on.

And you must be one of those happy clappers who can't see what's going on. 45 minutes out of the last five home games.

2019 has been turgid shit, if you're happy watching that so be it.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
And you must be one of those happy clappers who can't see what's going on. 45 minutes out of the last five home games.

2019 has been turgid shit, if you're happy watching that so be it.

Alternatively one poor 45 mins out of the lst 3 games?

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
that second half was everything i want from the albion. honestly shocked anyone could feel disappointed at full time.

i seem to recall you're a serial miserablist. carry on.

Some of the frustration is that we can play better and do when we go a goal down, making the turgid crap served up against Southampton, Bournemouth and Newcastle (first ha lf) all the more infuriating and inexplicable.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Alternatively one poor 45 mins out of the lst 3 games?

You believe we were good away to Wolves and Spurs, honestly?

We battled like a L2 side carrying no threat with a forward spending most of his time 10 yards outside our own area.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Cardiff will draw v Palace, and then we'll get a point at Arsenal to stop the goal-difference-worriers wringing their hands.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

We battled like a L2 side carrying no threat with a forward spending most of his time 10 yards outside our own area.

See what wolves have done since we played them. We did a solid job for a team needing to get a result. If we had done that against cardiff we would have been safe before kick off yesterday.

Needs must

Against spurs we again for 88 minutes did what we needed to do and it almost worked.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
What interests me is that another point at Arsenal is effectively useless, we might as well gamble on 3 even if it greater risks getting beat

That is only based on the (reasonable) assumption that we can’t get a point against Man City.

However, the ball is round, the players all have holes in their backsides...

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
See what wolves have done since we played them. We did a solid job for a team needing to get a result. If we had done that against cardiff we would have been safe before kick off yesterday.

Needs must

Against spurs we again for 88 minutes did what we needed to do and it almost worked.

We got so lucky against Wolves. Yes needs must but being someone who hardly missed a game home and away for decades, this year I just can't bring myself to waste money going to watch shit again and again and again.

We make every team we play look like World beaters, even Millwall FFS.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill

I think it is really great that you support the team home and away but my belief is that you are continually going to be disappointed because what you wish for is not realistically achievable in the PL with the current financial model.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I think it is really great that you support the team home and away but my belief is that you are continually going to be disappointed because what you wish for is not realistically achievable in the PL with the current financial model.

No I agree, Bloom has got to be prepared to up the budget. No good saying we want to be in the PL and then not allowing a wage structure capable of achieving it.

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
Cardiff will draw v Palace, and then we'll get a point at Arsenal to stop the goal-difference-worriers wringing their hands.

If Cardiff beat Palace and get a point against Manure. We would have to get beat 4 nil X 2 and Palace lose 6 nil. I'm confident we will not get relegated because of goal difference.
It's interesting that the 3 relegated teams will all have by far the worst goal difference they must have taken a few tonkings.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
No I agree, Bloom has got to be prepared to up the budget. No good saying we want to be in the PL and then not allowing a wage structure capable of achieving it.

All the points you've made are reasonable.
We don't really have a clue about how much the club can afford to increase the budget, but we all agree we need better players.
An increased budget will generally make every one of the 92 clubs better.
Currently our income is at the lower end of the Premier League budgets, but we are still a long way behind the likes of West Ham, Wolves or Leicester. Yes, we would love to have even more money than the millions we are already paying out but it has to come from somewhere.
Serious question, would we rather watch turgid defensive football and stay in the Premier League or watch a more attacking style and possibly be relegated?
I guess the models to aspire to are Burnley, Newcastle or Southampton but they have all also had major wobbles this season. We're slowly getting there but I think it will mean we need to hang on to our Premier League status for another couple of seasons before we can confidently establish ourselves after slowly improving the squad quality within our budget. The wage structure will slowly increase but unfortunately not at the rate that most of us would like.
Unfortunately your frustrations are highly unlikely to ever improve all the time you follow your beloved Brighton in the Premier League. We need to strap aboard the Premier League roller coaster and accept there will be more lows than highs.
I would suggest you watch a few less away games and supplement your Brighton stresses by watching some non-league football which is far more exciting and would also save you a fortune in travelling away.
You can still have your regular dose of frustration at the Amex every fortnight.
Try and keep things in perspective and realise that everyone is doing their best and they also all want what you want.

That is only based on the (reasonable) assumption that we can’t get a point against Man City.

However, the ball is round, the players all have holes in their backsides...
To proceed on the basis that we will get anything out of the City game will be totally delusional. There is a slightly better chance with Arsenal

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

It seems that for the last two games, Hughton has to consider whether he goes for two more draws or try for a win. You can already guess which he will go for. He already mentioned getting 'something' from the Arsenal game. I think a loss is highly likely in the next two games so his strategy won't work.

Now, assuming Brighton can't get that win or two draws (which is very likely against Arsenal away and Man City at home), Cardiff really only need to concentrate on winning their last two games. It's not impossible that they can beat Crystal Palace at home but probably less likely than most people think. If they manage to win, however, they just need to beat Manchester United away to secure survival. Manchester United could already have missed out on the top four and play shit!

How many points is it for a win now?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here