Interesting aside from Poyet re Bridcutt in the Sunday Times......

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003
“Liam deserves to play at the highest level,” noted Poyet. “I’m worried about him leaving in the window”

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
After his performance yesterday I don't think a decent offer will be to far away.:angry::angry::angry:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Dont think his performance will have done anything for manaers and their scouts who would be aware of him and his ability but would have opened the eyes of more supporters

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
If he wants to go, Gus won't stand in his way. As long as he gets a decent price for him. I just hope that he is advised sensibly, does not go off in search of the big bucks and ends up rotting in someone's reserves for 3 years.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Yeah I read that and though "if he's worried? I'm bloody terrified. "

Because that guy is going to play in the Premier League. Its just a matter of when.

And how the hell will we replace him in our side? With all the midfielders we've got, I'm afraid none is close to LB.

I just hope he ends up going to a proper Premier League side, not the likes of Norwich, Reading, Stains, with no due respect to those two bob outfits

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I am not convinced he would be any good with anyone other than those who play similar to us.

His role is unique and we all see the best of him doing, however if he just was put in a average Premiership midfield I think he would struggle quite a bit.

Trevy55555

Dec 26, 2012
Worthing
Liam Bridcutt

“Liam deserves to play at the highest level,” noted Poyet. “I’m worried about him leaving in the window”

Looked to me like he was doing a farewell lap around the pitch after the final whistle. Top quality player. Would love to keep him but totally understand if a Prem club has turned his head.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Kinda hoping the big boys just think he'd be too small to play in the prem. Wishful thinking though as the bloke oozes class.

isn't that why Chelsea let him go? Was funny seeing him marking Ameobi.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The much slagged site says Fergie is interested in him replacing Scholes if that was true we would never be able to keep him, but at least they would pay a good fee for him.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Ive said it before his role more then any other is build on minutes on the pitch, reading the game. Which prem club would play him in his current role and give him the time (on the pitch) to master his craft?

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Looked to me like he was doing a farewell lap around the pitch after the final whistle.

He does that every game. I'd be very surprised if we don't get a decent Prem team coming in with a good offer in Jan though. As others have said, I could just about take him going to Man U, Spurs, Arsenal etc, but not Norwich or Swansea or the like.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Big boots to fill if he is allowed to leave, he's been consistently excellent. I guess every club at this level needs to balance their books though so I wouldn't be surprised if he does go. Should get a decent fee for him though, £2m minimum at a guess?

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København
Big boots to fill if he is allowed to leave, he's been consistently excellent. I guess every club at this level needs to balance their books though so I wouldn't be surprised if he does go. Should get a decent fee for him though, £2m minimum at a guess?

If we get offered 2m and don't tell them to f*** off I'd be fuming and really question what we are doing. Why sell a player that we can nowhere near replace for the money we receive?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Will be a shame to lose him, but realistically it's better to sell your players (Gus needs a bigger budget!) while they are in top form. Gus has to look at the bigger picture for the overall improvement he can make to the squad with a bigger budget.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports