Interesting article on Colin Kazim-Richards

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
"In England people don't see me as Turkish. Like when police stop me, it's not because I'm Turkish, it's because I'm black."

Wanker

Why is he a wanker? With wanting to get all PC on you, if you're black and you drive a nice car, you are more likely to be stopped than if you're white. Ask any young black male who drives in London. Or is he not allowed to say that?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
"On taking up Turkish citizenship, there were further changes. 'Here they call me Kazim Kazim. For political reasons I had to change the name on my passport, you're not allowed to have a Christian name in a Muslim country. When people are bantering they call me Kazim Kazim, or sometimes Pepsi.' He pauses to grin at the joke, although the Coca-Cola Kid stuff clearly irks him."

Not allowed a Christian name in a Muslim country? really?

Anyway, good luck to the guy. Its a shame he never really made it down here, but he is probably one of those players who play better with better players around him.

Yes I found that strange too... I have a Turkish studnt in my class who is Orthodox Christian Turkish and his fist name is David..... very strange.:shootself

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I think it is that you cannot have a Turkish passport with a Christian name?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I think it is that you cannot have a Turkish passport with a Christian name?

Again... Turkish born Christian orthodox.... passport and ID card checked.... name 'David'.

Doesn't sound Muslim to me......

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
OK... I think I've sorted this out. On the application form for a visa there is a section where you HAVE TO fill in your religion. Not 100% sure but think you can't put atheist or agnostic... only the 'major' religions. With Colin having a Turkish mother someone may have assumed he was Muslim by birth or he may have said so. In which case having a Christian name (Turks really think names characterise religions) would have casued all sorts of bureaucratic difficulties... (snmall minded people are civil servants) ones the football club would like to have avoided... ergo David not allowed.

That's the most logical explanation.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I'm not here to start an argument, but he was actually prevented from playing in the reserves UNTIL that Palace game, and within a few minutes after he came off as sub, Knight approached him and told him he was to be sold 24 hours later.

How many reserve games do we play in a month? Rotherham was Aug 5th and he was sold on Aug 30th (the day before the transfer window closed) the day of the Palace game.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
He wasn't allowed to play in the reserves and yet was playing a reserve game when the phone call came through to say the sale was on? Yeah, right.
He came on as a sub in the first game of the season at Rotherham. He turned his back on Wilkins when DW was on the sideline shouting instructions at him.
I was at that reserve game when we played Palace. He came off after 60 odd mins.

How totally unpredictable of you to leap to the defence of anything even insinuating a criticism of Mark McGhee, then manage to have a totally irrelevant pop at Wilkins :lol::lol:

At least you're consistent :D:thumbsup:

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
How totally unpredictable of you to leap to the defence of anything even insinuating a criticism of Mark McGhee, then manage to have a totally irrelevant pop at Wilkins :lol::lol:

Uh oh....prepare to be made to donate to charity...:lolol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf

It wasn't an irrelevant pop at Wilkins. It was an actual occurance to show the attitude of CKR. He wasn't willing to listen to anyone because he'd made his mind up to go. Wilkins was trying to get him to get into position during the game and CKR turned his back.

It's the way you want to read my posts and make out that I am having pops at someone, not the way the post is intended.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
How many reserve games do we play in a month? Rotherham was Aug 5th and he was sold on Aug 30th (the day before the transfer window closed) the day of the Palace game.

So effectively you are totally agreeing with what I said.
He was refused permission to play in the reserve matches that took place prior to the Palace game.

Thanks! Unless you still wish to refute the maths?

Monsieur Leclerc

Café Rene. In disguise!
Apr 24, 2006
So effectively you are totally agreeing with what I said.
He was refused permission to play in the reserve matches that took place prior to the Palace game.

Thanks! Unless you still wish to refute the maths?

Maybe because he had a bad attitude? We only had one reserve fixture before the Palace game, so he was refused permission to play once as opposed to multiple 'reserve matches'. ;)

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Maybe because he had a bad attitude? We only had one reserve fixture before the Palace game, so he was refused permission to play once as opposed to multiple 'reserve matches'. ;)

Where does he say multiple reserve matches? I said it above, but he didn't...

I clearly should have written 'match' singular so as not to put words in his mouth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports