Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Interesting article about Uwe (Google-translated from Deutsch)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
interesting error to make. no one wants to dwell on it, rather have it corrected...

I found the article on Twitter before it was posted on Nsc, and it was corrected within an hour.

[tweet]664731806030278656[/tweet]

[tweet]664754879953567744[/tweet]

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
How come Google can translate "mega eng" in the cross head but can't translate it in the text? And what the hell does "rausgruekt" mean? Not only is it not in my dictionary, it's not in my German slang book either

It won't be in your dictionary as such as it is a past participle, albeit spelt without the "rausgeruckt" -the "e". It means that they charge out, as opposed to holding a high line, which he says they do here.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I do hope Uwe's family are coming over for Christmas then.

Quick: we need to make up an emergency care parcel of pretzels, gingerbread & glühwein.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I must admit I was surprised that his family do not fly over on a Friday after school when we are at home then fly back Sunday. When I win the lottery I am going to do that from Spain for me to go to the Amex and wife to visit family.

Bucharest49

May 12, 2014
Uwe is a very nice guyi see him every morning along with niki as they live near me on kings esplanade he loves it here .along with niki the goalkeeper ,they are all away for a long weekend to see there familys this week end baxk to training monday morning

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
It won't be in your dictionary as such as it is a past participle, albeit spelt without the "rausgeruckt" -the "e". It means that they charge out, as opposed to holding a high line, which he says they do here.

Thanks heavens, a German expert to help me out. I always imagined that Uwe should be pronounced 'Oover'. I accept I must be wrong, but I don't quite know why.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
:facepalm::facepalm:

Spoke to a German about it and he said the best translation was that they didn't give the ball away

I had another look at the full sentence -it says that they play a waiting game (wartend gespielt) and do not venture out so far. That they might not want to give the ball away may be what is meant, though that also seems very unlikely, given that they are defending, but it definitely is NOT the translation. But it is up to you at the end of the day, what you want to believe. Would me being half German, lived there for 24 years, managed a football team there for 5 years, and instructed in the language for 35 years be enough?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I stopped reading after the dig, the stupid, little, caravan living, chavy granny punching TWA!

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Really interesting article - I didn't realise he hadn't brought his wife and kids over, that's tough - Christmas could be a difficult time for him - I hope the club is looking after him well and he feels socially integrated over here

I'm sure his kids will be off from school at Xmas so likely to visit Brighton

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I had another look at the full sentence -it says that they play a waiting game (wartend gespielt) and do not venture out so far. That they might not want to give the ball away may be what is meant, though that also seems very unlikely, given that they are defending, but it definitely is NOT the translation. But it is up to you at the end of the day, what you want to believe. Would me being half German, lived there for 24 years, managed a football team there for 5 years, and instructed in the language for 35 years be enough?

:lolol:

No, no. no... I'm not doubting it. I thought the German's take it on it was weird as there was no ball mentioned.I just put it up as an option (I meant to be put a smiley at the end of it). I read German pretty well myself but was completely foxed by rausgerückt. I note that he's changed soweit to so weit too - that must have been when he corrected the ownership - that makes it a bit clearer to me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here