Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Intensive Driving Courses

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Has anyone done these in the Brighton and Hove area which they recommend? I'd like to start driving sooner rather than later and I don't really want to do 1 or 2 lessons a week as that'll take longer than I want really. Thanks!

1066gull

did it four years ago
waste of money

just take a lesson once a week, only a very very select few are able to crash information quickly in their mind

1066gull

but its your choice. waste your money if you want. i did one and i didnt pass 3 years later. sometimes in life you need perseverance.

Yeh,yeh go for it.

car-crash-1024x642.jpg

rbd35025

MoreTeaVicar
May 26, 2009
Am a Driving Instructor and would personally only advice an Intensive course if you have had driving experience before. i.e. if you have started to learn to drive on a previous occasion and wish to now complete it.
You will learn at a decent rate with 2-4 hours per week.
Lood at dsa (driving standards agency) website for help and free mock theory tests etc. That will save you time and money. The current Highway Code is also on the website.

I am not currently taking on new starters as my books are full. However if you require recommendations of alternative Instructors, not a problem.

Good Luck

Im a fully qualified instructor with the AA.

The most lessons I suggest is 3 a week. All our lessons are 2 hours long so if the pupil can cope with 6 hours per week, then it's fine, but there is no point doing this much if you are not getting 6 learning hours.

Get your head stuck into some books (highway code) for theory prep and then use the net to try the many free mock tests out there. You need 44/50 to pass the theory and to pass the Hazard Perception Test.

As an AA pupil, you can also practice the mocks tests on our website and the Hazard perception test.

I cover Hove thru Lancing and have some availability.

If you want to go fast, apply for a theory test right away, these currently take about 3 weeks. Then assuming you pass this, there would be a good chance of getting a practical test within a couple of weeks, so if you think of a 5 week window...... You might only need 20 hours, in which case no point doing more than 4h per week. If you need more, then you will either need to make time or delay your test, which can be done at no charge 4 days before.

You just need your provisional license to book your theory which can be done online at Learners and new drivers and riders : Directgov - Motoring

PM me if you would like to have a chat or call me on 07976 603677

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Im a fully qualified instructor with the AA.

The most lessons I suggest is 3 a week. All our lessons are 2 hours long so if the pupil can cope with 6 hours per week, then it's fine, but there is no point doing this much if you are not getting 6 learning hours.

Get your head stuck into some books (highway code) for theory prep and then use the net to try the many free mock tests out there. You need 44/50 to pass the theory and to pass the Hazard Perception Test.

As an AA pupil, you can also practice the mocks tests on our website and the Hazard perception test.

I cover Hove thru Lancing and have some availability.

If you want to go fast, apply for a theory test right away, these currently take about 3 weeks. Then assuming you pass this, there would be a good chance of getting a practical test within a couple of weeks, so if you think of a 5 week window...... You might only need 20 hours, in which case no point doing more than 4h per week. If you need more, then you will either need to make time or delay your test, which can be done at no charge 4 days before.

You just need your provisional license to book your theory which can be done online at Learners and new drivers and riders : Directgov - Motoring

PM me if you would like to have a chat or call me on 07976 603677
You won't get a practical test with in a "couple of weeks".

My son's was cancelled 5 weeks ago due to fog and was told at the time they would give him a cancellation within a "couple of weeks”, they eventually gave him one for 7weeks time. Him and his instructor have been to the test centre various times constantly (on every lesson) talking to them insisting they get an improvement as it was promised they would get him one in “a couple of weeks” but now just told , check the web site for cancellation. bloody shower of shits.

Thing is everyone's different and all learn at a different pace, you might take to driving like a duck to water, it might take you a while to get used to it.

Be patient and do 1/2 lessons a week and get accustomed to it at a leisurely pace rathern then going for the kitchen sink approach.

1066gull

One of my friends in Wolves APPARENTLY (rich f***ing arab bastard- not trying to be racist but i am) said he passed after three lessons. Booked one test after the first, missed it, booked another one and passed.

I wouldn't advice it yet, even though he is very intelligent, you MUST get experience and that is with everything not just driving

You won't get a practical test with in a "couple of weeks".

My son's was cancelled 5 weeks ago due to fog and was told at the time they would give him a cancellation within a "couple of weeks”, they eventually gave him one for 7weeks time. Him and his instructor have been to the test centre various times constantly (on every lesson) talking to them insisting they get an improvement as it was promised they would get him one in “a couple of weeks” but now just told , check the web site for cancellation. bloody shower of shits.

It depends on how fleixble you are with test centres and how often you can check the net. People often cancel as they can 72h out with no penalty, so if you can check the net 2 or 3 times a day, there is every chance you can find an earlier one.

Queens road Brighton is likely to be the most central, but also within 30 mins by car or train are Eastbourne, Worthing, Crawley, and East Croyden. If you could do any of these and have the time (or can get someone to check the net) not only will you deffo get one within 5 weeks, there is a better than excellent chance you can find one in 3 days.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
I passed in 2 months, 16 hours worth of lessons. Yet people I know did intensive courses, paid f***ing loads, and failed.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Thanks for the info people, It looks like intensive courses are what I feared, a quick ripoff.

Kingcole, I'm looking to learn in June probably after my uni finals so I will PM you shortly :thumbsup:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It depends on how fleixble you are with test centres and how often you can check the net. People often cancel as they can 72h out with no penalty, so if you can check the net 2 or 3 times a day, there is every chance you can find an earlier one.

Queens road Brighton is likely to be the most central, but also within 30 mins by car or train are Eastbourne, Worthing, Crawley, and East Croyden. If you could do any of these and have the time (or can get someone to check the net) not only will you deffo get one within 5 weeks, there is a better than excellent chance you can find one in 3 days.

I think you are referring to theory test centres whereas the chap was talking about 7 weeks for a practical test.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I think you are referring to theory test centres whereas the chap was talking about 7 weeks for a practical test.

This is correct. He can take the test at a moments notice, as his instructor can work around him has he has been f***ed about by the test centre, The centre "supposedly" has him on standby should a cancellation come their way, but the phone aint rung.
He is also checking the web site constantly.

As his instructor says, he needs no more teaching, but needs the weekly lesson to get it fresh, extra 7 weeks at £22 a go is £154 he needn’t have spent from a part time student job.

1066gull

This is correct. He can take the test at a moments notice, as his instructor can work around him has he has been f***ed about by the test centre, The centre "supposedly" has him on standby should a cancellation come their way, but the phone aint rung.
He is also checking the web site constantly.

As his instructor says, he needs no more teaching, but needs the weekly lesson to get it fresh, extra 7 weeks at £22 a go is £154 he needn’t have spent from a part time student job.

what the f*** are you on about? i spend 3 grand to make myself a self reliable driver on the road for other road users

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here