Insurance Help

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kenneth Wattle

Aug 31, 2007
No it is NOT the correct answer. The excess on your motor insurance is only applicable if you claim for the damage to your own vehicle (if you have comp cover). If you have TPFT cover you cannot claim for the damage to your vehicle, so no excess can apply.

BTW I have been siiting here in my office dealing with motor claims since 9am this morning and have dealt with insurance claims for the last ten years, so I am right and you are not! *sticks out tongue and put hands to head with waving fingers* :wink:

Does that mean I'm right as well? I would dearly like to stick out my tongue, put my hands to my head and wave my fingers as well!

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Never read so much crap in my life !

"the only excess you pay is for the damage to your car" so if your only 3rd PFThow would ever be responsible for the excess ?:laugh:

You pay the excess on any claim on the policy, be it, to car, wall, fence, hedge or person.

read my original post :bla:

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
if she wants to go through your insurance you will need to fill out a cliam form for starters, and your insurers will not ask you if you want to pay it - they will deal with her claim (bearing in mind you rear ended her she may well discover in the next 48 hours or so she has whiplash), and as it is a 3rd party claim for the damage to her/her car you do not pay an excess, the only excess you pay is for the damage to your car (if you have comp cover) - once the claim has been submitted you will have to declare the incident for 5 years and you will lose 2 years no claims and your premium will reflect this. my advice would be to try and sort it out yourself if at all possible - or offer her £100 quid cash for a 2nd hand bumper or something along those lines

or send your old man to see her and explain the situation to her in that "special" way he used to explain things to the undesireables at the market diner :lolol:

the part in bold ps

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
sorry, but you do not pay an excess for a 3rd party claim end of

ok, so how come Third party and TPFT policies have an excess that can be changed to reduce premium?

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
ok, so how come Third party and TPFT policies have an excess?

fire and theft damage - if your car gets stolen/recovered and is a total loss and it is valued pre-theft as say £2500 and your excess is £300 the payout if you accept the valuation would be £2200

the 3rd party means you are insured for the damage to a 3rd party (whether it is a 3rd party car, hedge, fence or person etc) but not to your own vehicle in the event of an accident

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports