Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

insults -voluntary code to stop them?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Nice edit

Well founded accusations of hypocracy too.

You spent time and effort to go and find those quotes and post them out of context and without explanation. your only motivation for this was to make me look 'silly'. If that isn't playing the man not the ball then I don't know what is.
Blimey. You only posted all those a few days ago so there really wasn't any hunting and there's clear context: You like dishing out insults.

Did I do it to make you look silly? No, I think the person who I've quoted making all the insults has done that to you.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It is fascinating to read how many folk here tend to go for absurd comparisons to lend a bit of credence to their opinion. The statement in your final para-I could not have put it better myself. As to whether that balance is being struck, well that is the issue. Largely it is, I fully accept, as most people are able to truly vent their spleens without the need to vilify others, but as ever a minority is unable to do this. To talk of censorship is nonsense - it is about common decency to other people. NSC can be as heated, raunchy baudy and any other adjective as possible, which is what you expect from a football chatline -it is just not necessary to end with "you xxxx." Is this really that much to ask?
I'm not sure how many people post on here, thousands I guess, and we're all different.

Our moods vary from day to day, I often write things that I'd never say (I haven't the confidence) and the written word is quite liberating. We're sometimes happy, sometimes angry, we all express ourselves in different ways. I don't like being called a xxxx, but often I deserve it.

Please don't try and change this place, I like it as it is.

Thank you (and **** off :) )

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Blimey. You only posted all those a few days ago so there really wasn't any hunting and there's clear context: You like dishing out insults.

Did I do it to make you look silly? No, I think the person who I've quoted making all the insults has done that to you.

Oh jesus, your lack of self awareness is astounding. My drunken postings did make me look silly the other night and i am embarrassed that I allowed myself to be drawn into such childish nonsense. The exact point I am making on this thread about this board, it is too easy to be drawn into ridiculous binfests and sidetracked from the point being discussed.

Anyway I sure the board doesn't want to wade through another one of our childish spats. I can't help but wonder about your motivation. You told me recently that there were many posters on the board that you respect. Yet you choose to spend your time trying to make me look 'silly'.

I also wonder if it is a fair to use the old 'pub' comparison in this instance. Here is Buzzer in a pub with a group of his peers. A group of people he respects and enjoys talking to are having a discussion in one corner and Badfish is in the other having a discussion with others. Does Buzzer choose to join the group he respects or does he choose to go and try to make Badfish look 'silly'. I am sure if you contemplate these actions and consider what kind of person would make each choice you may learn something about yourself.

Anyway like I say I have enough self awareness to be embarrassed with this conversation so I will bid you a farewell.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
or does he choose to go and try to make Badfish look 'silly'.

What was it Sir Chris Hoy said about referring to himself in the 3rd person?

Respectfully, I think you've done that to yourself again with your flounce. Calm down, matey, this isn't life or death.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
What was it Sir Chris Hoy said about referring to himself in the 3rd person?

Respectfully, I think you've done that to yourself again with your flounce. Calm down, matey, this isn't life or death.

Was that a flounce? ...........my first flounce......you must be very proud.

It may not be life or death but it is certainly deathly dull.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here