Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Instead of Ring of Fire next season....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That’s horrifying

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
To be fair, Americans are very cringe worthy at the best of times - but this is an example of the benefits of allowing alcohol in the stands.

Only premium seating areas, ie club lounges, sell alcohol at Wisconsin college football games. It would be banned in the rest of the stadium, as is common at most college games.

Music City Gull

Not Changing This, Bozza
Jun 28, 2020
12 South
To be fair, Americans are very cringe worthy at the best of times - but this is an example of the benefits of allowing alcohol in the stands.

For the record you can’t drink at college football games in the US, though those rules have relaxed in the last two years or so at some stadiums. I did my undergrad at a school where the football stadium holds 93,000 people. We are arch rivals to these two teams, playing Auburn since the 1800’s. This Stephen Fry clip going to the biggest college football rivalry in the US sums up how intense it is. Only sport that rivals English soccer in terms of fandom.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
OK I'm bias as am a big fan, but lots of clips of American sports teams using Metallica's ' Enter Sandman' and certainly gets the crowd going. :)

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
For the record you can’t drink at college football games in the US, though those rules have relaxed in the last two years or so at some stadiums. I did my undergrad at a school where the football stadium holds 93,000 people. We are arch rivals to these two teams, playing Auburn since the 1800’s. This Stephen Fry clip going to the biggest college football rivalry in the US sums up how intense it is. Only sport that rivals English soccer in terms of fandom.

Leeds would've brought more.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Anything but bloody ROF!!

Also been to Wisconsin and been in this but sadly our section didn't win. Still a laugh though and had to keep my hoody from riding up as had away colours underneath. Not that it's as much of a deal over there and was with Badgers fans anyway. Would be epic to be in the craziest section though and hopefully the Family Stand would win quite a lot (even though I'm never in it).

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Would love to experience that’s, puts our little burst of seagulls to shame.

I genuinely think the majority of the Amex would HATE that.

Which is a shame.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
If it's good enough for the players. "So good, so good"

[yt]ty1dwBCR6D0[/yt]

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I would rather nothing than Ring of Fire which has no association with our club and appears to have been inserted at random to fill a gap.

What about extending GOSBTS so we sing all five verses. yes, I know that might be a challenge for those who haven't yet learnt the first verse, but they can der-der-de-der der-der all the way through the five verses instead of just the one.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
I would rather nothing than Ring of Fire which has no association with our club and appears to have been inserted at random to fill a gap.

What about extending GOSBTS so we sing all five verses. yes, I know that might be a challenge for those who haven't yet learnt the first verse, but they can der-der-de-der der-der all the way through the five verses instead of just the one.

Could just be you, me and a select few others, rippleman!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here