Inspiration needed for a Brighton pub to go to tonight?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Going for a few beers tonight and fancy a CHANGE. Always seems to end up in one of the following:

* North Laine brewery
* Black Lion
* Fountain head
* White Rabbit

So, where can we go that is not in West St, has a bit of an atmosphere, some nice LASSES to look at and may be a hidden gem?

NSC.....GO
Dorset Bar or The Eagle

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I like The Foundry in Foundry Street. Very small and good for a pre/post Komedia show. Its independently run too.

Gwm

Oct 25, 2011
The prince Arthur - dean street.

Same owners as the windmill since December.

Good ales and a huge selection of bottled beer !

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Northern Lights is close and they say they do ale's
Bar Brighton Northern Lights - Home

Only in bottles though. Only beer on tap is fizzy Tuborg.

However I was quite surprised to find just how into real ale the Scandinavians are and there are a whole host of small breweries across Sweden and Norway in particular which offer some very well made ales. In fact one of Sweden's biggest pub chains is the Bishops Arms which have British themed pubs serving London Pride and Youngs beers along with a wide selection of ales and craft beers from across Scandinavia. Some of the bigger branches boast as many as 20 different beers on tap.

I can only assume that the high cost of drinking in Scandoland means people tend to pick out quality ales rather than sinking ten pints of rubbish because you're going to want to savour your beer and make it last rather than just blasting through as many as you can on your way to getting tanked.

Slightly off on a tangent there so in answer to the OP's original question, why not try the Heart in Hand? Pleasant, quaint and central. It also has some great tunes on the old style jukebox.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports