Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Insignificant Things You Cannot Do WITHOUT....

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
But it was fantastic for making water bombs - I’m sure that’s why Balfour Juniors got proper toilet tissue in the end - they were tired of kids in sodden wet uniforms and the quad and toilet block being flooded.:ban:
I was at St Luke's. I've always been quite proud of that. The most sought after primary in the country.

We didn't have an awful reputation. Okay, apart from suffocating swans at Queen's Park pond and lobbing eggs over the wall when the girls were playing netball. Actually, I can think of others, but the only one I can assure you I wasn't involved in was the first. Those who were found themselves presented to the school assembly in shame.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Statins ? Pretty sure I'm not allowed it.
20240117_230316.jpg

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
No you're not. What is it about grapefruit juice that makes it react with a lot of drugs?
Grapefruit juice potentially blocks the production of enzyme CYP3A4 in the small intestine.

This enzyme is involved in breaking down various drugs. Without it, the drugs are not properly metabolised which can result in too much of the drug in your bloodstream. People have different amounts of the enzyme in their guts so the effects are not consistent or predictable.

I took the antidepressant Sertraline for a few years and doctor told me I had to give up eating Grapefruit for this reason.

I believe more recent research suggests that Grapefruit Juice may, regarding certain drugs, have the opposite effect. Meaning too little of the drug enters your blood stream.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Kindle Paperwhite. Mines 8 years old now and occasionally freezes but I absolutely love it.

Flashing dog collar light. Take the mutt down the beach every night and can let him loose and run around and still see where he is as there's no lights where we go.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Flashing dog collar light. Take the mutt down the beach every night and can let him loose and run around and still see where he is as there's no lights where we go.
IMG_8738.jpeg

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Slow cooker. Phenomenal piece of kit on a day where everyone is out the house, arriving home and different times and all wanting dinner. 5 mins work in the morning, lob it in, help yourself to delicious dinner when you get in.

Today it's a bolognaise. Yesterday it was a bean chilli. Will probably to do Steak/Stilton thingy and a veggie curry in the next few days.

The joy of being smug all day knowing dinner is sorted and actually getting tastier by the second whilst you are out the house is fantastic.

I’m sure it was my cooking skills but I stopped using mine.

Everything cooked in it tastes the same and it made the house smell of dog farts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here