Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Inside the changing room yesterday

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Love RDZ's reply to TB's question at his interview: Q. Roberto, what would you do if you lost 4, 5 or 6 in a row? I.e. Our previous manager used to do this and got away with it by finally picking Caicedo. Roberto just laughed at this question - 'my team won't lose like this'

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I remember when we got promoted posting something along the lines of “enjoy the moment, because this may be as good as it ever gets”. I never thought we’d be seriously competitive in the EPL, let alone qualifying for Europe.

Now we’ve achieved those things. Not only that, I’m beginning to think we can go even further. Mad.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Simply awesome.

I’ve been watching some old school Albion vids today, to help remind me just how far we’ve come - even since the Poyet era… let alone the Brady, Case, Gritt, Horton, Adams, Wood era’s …. It’s simply heavenly… having watched us get hammered away at Doncaster under Jimmy Case, and cry on the way home… with Christer Warren playing up front… by God, it seems like only yesterday, but worlds apart - without any sense of hyperbole - I’m astonished.

The journey we’ve been on since my coming of age years - pretty much from the bottom up… I couldn’t have timed things better… I literally couldn’t have picked a better and more wholesome club to follow and love.

The agonising lows, the near death experience (of the club) for those who have witnessed it all… this high is literally beyond comprehension… I never would have dared to dream… although secretly I did, but I fancied it a folly, a mere unobtainable fancy in the air… yet here we are.

Yet, having literally just written that, I still feel there’s more to tell - yet more to come, I’ve always felt it so and I hope we continue to break the chains and the mould with equal measure.

Albion.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Simply awesome.

I’ve been watching some old school Albion vids today, to help remind me just how far we’ve come - even since the Poyet era… let alone the Brady, Case, Gritt, Horton, Adams, Wood era’s …. It’s simply heavenly… having watched us get hammered away at Doncaster under Jimmy Case, and cry on the way home… with Christer Warren playing up front… by God, it seems like only yesterday, but worlds apart - without any sense of hyperbole - I’m astonished.

The journey we’ve been on since my coming of age years - pretty much from the bottom up… I couldn’t have timed things better… I literally couldn’t have picked a better and more wholesome club to follow and love.

The agonising lows, the near death experience (of the club) for those who have witnessed it all… this high is literally beyond comprehension… I never would have dared to dream… although secretly I did, but I fancied it a folly, a mere unobtainable fancy in the air… yet here we are.

Yet, having literally just written that, I still feel there’s more to tell - yet more to come, I’ve always felt it so and I hope we continue to break the chains and the mould with equal measure.

Albion.
I tried explaining what it means, and why, to a Man United fan today. And failed. They are so used to success, or at least 'failure' being not such a good year as the others, that they have no comprehension of what it feels like to have achieved this after all that went before.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
What fantastic statements from Barber is RDZ referring too?
“Roberto, I’m delighted with the job you’ve done. I present to you the highest honour which I am able to…you may now have a lid on your water bottle.”

Mad as my Mother

May 21, 2013
Dorset
Well where's Mitoma who has to be sitting next to Caicedo? :rolleyes: Maybe went to the bathroom at the wrong time? lol

Did he win MOTM? He also has a huge press following and is involved in media commitments more than any other player

There was a very long queue of Japanese waiting to go into the East Stand lounge (Sun Harvest?) after the players lap, I wonder if that's where Mitoma was while this meeting was going on?

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
There was a very long queue of Japanese waiting to go into the East Stand lounge (Sun Harvest?) after the players lap, I wonder if that's where Mitoma was while this meeting was going on?
They weren't queuing to go in, they were waiting for the players (well Mitoma) to come out. They should make Mitoma leave 1st, as even though the Japanese are considered to be very well mannered, they don't let even 5 year old's get near to see the other players. Mitoma was one of the last ones out & then the moment he had gone by, there was a lot of space to see the players leave. Unfortunately he was one of the last players out so a lot of kids missed out on seeing other players as there was too many waiting to catch a glimpse of Mitoma. 🤷‍♀️
It was very funny when walking towards the station to see a load of kids surround 'Buzz' asking for his autograph, he clearly wasn't expecting it, he looked shell shocked. The people who he was with couldn't stop laughing. :lolol: That was the icing on the cake for me, what a club we now have! :ascarf:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I tried explaining what it means, and why, to a Man United fan today. And failed. They are so used to success, or at least 'failure' being not such a good year as the others, that they have no comprehension of what it feels like to have achieved this after all that went before.
It’s impossible for any big six or even established PL side to comprehend really… there wouldn’t be many examples similar to ours in world football, and barely any comparable in the English game…

Ultimately you’re only as good as the money you’re able to chuck at it, or (as in our case), as the people who run the club… ours is the rarest, precious and beautiful of successes and it’s simply wonderful to be a part of it :)

I dont agree, it does feel right that he isn't there, he could have been, but he f***ed off for more money and to stay with Potter.

That was the bed he made for himself.

If Chelsea were finishing 6th yesterday to confirm EL, he wouldnt be as concerned that we weren't in Europa.

He was a great servant of the club, but it is right and proper that he has no part in this.

RDZ and his coaches did this. I'm delighted for Andrew Crofts who was totally alone when all the others did a bunk, he deserves this.
This Bruno can get f***ed. He made his bed and screwed his status with us. Will add, the video posted here originally is an unbelievable look into the dressing room that we rarely see. Absolutely love it and my God, this feels like something huge!

Mad as my Mother

May 21, 2013
Dorset
They weren't queuing to go in, they were waiting for the players (well Mitoma) to come out. They should make Mitoma leave 1st, as even though the Japanese are considered to be very well mannered, they don't let even 5 year old's get near to see the other players. Mitoma was one of the last ones out & then the moment he had gone by, there was a lot of space to see the players leave. Unfortunately he was one of the last players out so a lot of kids missed out on seeing other players as there was too many waiting to catch a glimpse of Mitoma. 🤷‍♀️
It was very funny when walking towards the station to see a load of kids surround 'Buzz' asking for his autograph, he clearly wasn't expecting it, he looked shell shocked. The people who he was with couldn't stop laughing. :lolol: That was the icing on the cake for me, what a club we now have! :ascarf:
Ahh, well that shows how much attention I usually play when leaving the stand, mind you I'm normally heading straight for the north concourse.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Ahh, well that shows how much attention I usually play when leaving the stand, mind you I'm normally heading straight for the north concourse.
I only noticed it last year as I'd come out from the East Stand & was sitting on the grass with a beer & realised a player had walked by. I thought we'd walk round there this year as it was the last home game (sort of) & see if we could get an autograph or 2. He was successful but we have no idea who's sig is who's! :lolol:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Not surprised by the Japanese fans having little regard for anyone else when Mitoma was nearby. In my days as a journalist often working around Japanese film crews and being part of scrums in Tokyo, I can safely say their manners go out the window in those scenarios!

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Not surprised by the Japanese fans having little regard for anyone else when Mitoma was nearby. In my days as a journalist often working around Japanese film crews and being part of scrums in Tokyo, I can safely say their manners go out the window in those scenarios!
The great lesson I've learnt in my time is:

Never take on a Japanese person for the last seat on a train.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
:lolol: :lolol:This made me laugh, it's absolutely spot on. When it comes to making way for people, letting people pass, or just general communication with strangers in public spaces, Japanese people have terrible manners.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here