Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Inside No 9 - BBC2 9pm Thursday.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Tonight at 10pm.

As said this is supposedly the absolute stand out episode, so enjoy.

Thanks for the reminder SB, nearly slipped off my radar.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Last nights was stunning, very emotional.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Frank Spencer's missus was missed by myself until I was told by her indoors.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Just watched that. Thought it was really good but why is it described as a comedy? It just made me really sad.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just watched that. Thought it was really good but why is it described as a comedy? It just made me really sad.

Well that one wasn't really a comedy I must admit, usually it is pretty black humour but this was more of a proper frightener, I did not see where the episode was going until the scene around the dinner table and it all fell in to place. Amazing writing but this weeks was indeed sad.

I forgot, if you have the time catch last weeks first episode of the series set in a train sleeper car, that's more their usual style.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What [MENTION=11928]vegster[/MENTION] said.

But as said after the last one, and it's worth repeating, a lot of the enjoyment comes from not knowing the direction were going.
Other than a 'tales of the unexpected' type twist.

Now for next weeks we'll not know whether to laugh or cry, and that's the genius of the writing.

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Caught up with both episodes on Sky+, Fan-bloody -tastic! The second episode genuinely had me in tears at the end,superb series! Luckily I had also recorded Harry and Pauls story of BBC2 to cheer me back up.Well done Auntie Beeb,almost worth the licence fee.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I love Inside No 9 normally but thought 2nd episode was very poor. Reminded me of the story a child might write for GCSE English, trying to be deep and meaningful. Very disappointing episode. Hope it gets back on form next week.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
I love Inside No 9 normally but thought 2nd episode was very poor. Reminded me of the story a child might write for GCSE English, trying to be deep and meaningful. Very disappointing episode. Hope it gets back on form next week.

Each to their own opinion I suppose but personally I thought it was one of the most original and moving pieces of TV I have ever seen.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
To me it was a smidge more sophisticated than " and then she woke up and it was all a dream".

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To me it was a smidge more sophisticated than " and then she woke up and it was all a dream".
I can see why you thought that.
There were a couple of bumps along the way, but as a piece I doubt it'll hold up to repeated viewings.

When watching programmes I'm enjoying, I tend not to think beyond the moment or look around the 'edges'.
With that in mind, and the kudos the chaps bring with them, I really enjoyed it as a stand alone drama.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here

i think you're concentrating a little too much on the basic premise which is, admittedly, pretty unoriginal. however the implementation of the idea, in terms of the writing and acting, within the confines of a 30 minute show was outstanding. when i finally figured out what was going on, i almost stopped watching because i didn't want to see it. can't remember the last time a tv show hit me that hard in the feels.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This series is superb, episode 2 with Sheridan Smith was one of the best half hours of telly I've ever seen.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
I think the 'Christine' episode will be one of those that teenagers of today will be talking about nostalgically in many years to come - like we do with things like 'Thriller' and 'Hammer House of Horror'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here