Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Injuries

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
He did that for the last one for 'tiredness' or something didn't he?
It would be great if it is ‘just’ fatigue - he needs to rest ffs - I suspect Mitoma is one of those players that would run himself into the ground unless his physio/coaches literally forced him to rest though.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The new Ryan Giggs.
As long as it's only in the footballing sense, not the other stuff (allegedly*).

*Is it even alleged anymore? I honestly cant remember/keep track.

shibainu

Mar 9, 2023
Japan
JFA seems to be very concerned about Mitoma's workloads. Hope there's a resolution.

The Japan Football Association is very concerned that he will be out for two times in a row, following last month's national team match. After notifying Brighton of the test results, which showed that Mitoma was "on the verge of a mustle tear," the JFA plans to dispatch a representative staff member to Brighton to discuss the situation.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Have we ever had a worse injury crisis?

Literally a teams worth of players our injured with at least 5/6 of them first team starters in our best 11.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Have we ever had a worse injury crisis?

Literally a teams worth of players our injured with at least 5/6 of them first team starters in our best 11.
Yes, it is incredible isn't it. The only parallel that i can think of was about 10 years ago when in the Championship, and I recall that Sam Baldock had to play left wing! Whilst it is hard to give exact reasons as to why this is happening to us, and others, it must surely be down to the amount of matches the players have to play, as well as other possible contributory factors, such as the allegedly flimsy boots, obsessive attention to player safety, even perhaps the type of grass, silly as that sounds.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
That USA tour can't have helped.

Most of the squad got no rest.
Yes, I wonder about this. It surely can't be coincidence that the teams involved in those summer tournaments seem to have so many injuries. I always thought that pre-season was about getting the body fit for the rigours of professional elite sport, and you build up your fitness level gradually. Those 3 friendlies were quite intense. Football seems to be more and more about money and the amount of sometimes fairly pointless matches testify to this.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I remember us having seasons like this before (eg. 2013/14 under Oscar Garcia, the first season at the Amex). I think it was to be expected this season which raises the question of why the squad wasn’t strengthened more in the summer or we should have kept some of the loan players we’ve let go?

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
As Mitoma missed the Japan games I’d think it would be sensible to give him another weeks rest to get ready for the next game. Hopefully it’s nothing worse than a minor injury that needs some rest.
Another chance for Adingra to play on the left, which is his preferred side.
The big one for me is Dunk. Really hope he’s fit for Forest.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Not surprising, Mitoma and Gross are the only players that haven’t been properly rotated or rested as they’re, along with Dunk, our most important players. Gross has to be a concern as he’s now also playing internationals that he didn’t do before and he has looked a bit tired and not at his best the last few weeks.

The football authorities really need to change the football calendar. Players are playing too much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here